Friday, August 11, 2006

Do Attempt To Adjust The Set

My mind has been in swirling, swishing, swashing motion. I have lists upon lists of things to start, continue and complete. I’m wondering, more often than not, if the steps I’m taking, the moves I’m making will get me where I want to get.

I’m wondering, more often than not, if I even know where it is I want to get.

Goals, I thought, reasonable and reachable, seem further away with each step taken. I feel out of focus. Having taken the lead in so many areas, for so many people, for such a long time, has rendered me, spent.

My life has sputtered off track. The conductor has taken a break and the *back in five minutes* notice, insolently mocking, provides little assurance.

Some adjustment, apparently, is in order.


14 comments:

  1. This is me sliding over in the boat to make room for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks. I'll be bringing Low Salt, Reduced Fat Triscuits...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, Bent Fabric, I couldn't find your blog!

    Low salt Reduced Triscuits sound like a real party there. Don't forget the Lime Perrier!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah, for these, and similar reasons, I have stopped my blog for the time being. WTF is going on in the universe!?!?

    Simplify, simplify...a reasonable mantra when it's all too much.

    Slow down and breathe, sweet middle girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. tdharma:(((in and out))) making every effort to do just that...

    ReplyDelete
  6. TOD: Triscuits?! Don't make me throw you overboard for making me eat cardboard.

    Kmae: Try bentfabric.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.S. Kmae, do I really need an AOL screen name to comment on your journal? I have several from back in the day but I'll be damned if I remember any of them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bent Fabric, I don't know. Some folks have said they cant make comments on my blog. Wierd.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry, Triscuits have been one of those obsessions I can't seem to break-with a certain age & conditions, come certain dietary restrictions. But, I'll bite--what gets me back on board?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous8:48 PM

    You sound like me on a good day.

    But I don't do triscuits.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do so relate to these feelings you are having. When one has looked after others for so long, it is quite the challenge to just take care of oneself.

    Who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous8:22 PM

    Sometimes goals can get in the way of the just doing. Why can't it be simpler to ... well, just simplify?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Elizabeth, I would, I do and I try...

    Hmm, s-i-m-p-l-i-f-y. Yes, why?

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Your visit is much appreciated.