Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Rejection

Having ever so briefly emerged from the drug induced coma, I was driven to check emails. Now, I must dwell, ever so briefly, hopefully, on the fallout.

Getting theonlydaughter a date initiatives entailed, among other actions, spiriting a request to join an on-line group peopled by local lesbians, looking for connections, be it friendship or otherwise.

A couple of weeks have gone by and my mind swirls with questions. Did I send the email? Check.
Did I include the correct return email address? Check. Did I spell everything correctly? Check.

Why haven't I heard back? I don't know the make-up of the group, so I wonder-Am I too old or not old enough? Too ethnic or not ethnic enough? To what or not what enough? Could the leader or moderator tell any of that about me, based on the briefest of brief bio included in the email?

I finally get a reply. "Your request to join the CL group was not approved." Turns out the moderator of the group was too busy or just couldn't be bothered. If an application isn't approved in a given about of time, the request is automatically rejected. The automatic email included some ying yang about high quality of service, you may try again, dum ditty dum ditty dum dum dum.

I'm going back to bed.

7 comments:

  1. Well, obviously that is not the local lesbian group you're looking for. Their loss.

    Perseverance, my friend. It's what's for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh POOIE.
    Try a different one.
    That's a drag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are the best. I'm feeling better today (physically & otherwise) and tooling up as we *speak*

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehehehe-yeah, I got it.

    Monter huh? OK.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oy! Tell them to bite your left one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice, warm, friendly group!lol I have had that happen to me too. It is so off-putting isn't it! Never mind-- in my experience you meet people when you aren't looking to! Like when your hair is sticking sraight up, or you have something left over from lunch in your teeth.
    LBPx

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Your visit is much appreciated.