Wednesday, October 25, 2006

I Asked for This

Being a mom is one of the most challenging, frustrating, exhausting, yet rewarding, invigorating and exciting jobs I have ever had and probably ever will have.

My kids, yes, I know they're 24 and 21 respectively, but they'll always be my kids, expect from me, guidance, expertise in a variety of areas and data. They are constantly asking me not only for advice, but also seeking answers to questions Ask or Wikipedia certainly could handle. Yet, to me they come:

Daughter: Mom, I know Barney and Betty had Bam-Bam and I know Fred and Wilma had a baby girl. What the heck was her name?

Son: Hey Ma, who recorded that song from back when you were young. It might be a disco thing. I think the title is, "Ain't No Stopping Us."

Me to daughter: Pebbles. And oh, by the way, you do know that Bam-Bam was adopted.

Me to son: McFadden and Whitehead. They were a one hit wonder as performing artists, but a very successful song writing team.

It is acceptable to answer more than what was asked. A mom must be careful, however, to stop herself from giving too much information. Too much info will undoubtedly lead to the eye-roll and the fan favorite follow-up, 'oohhh, maahhm.'

I love this job.

7 comments:

  1. damn...you're good.
    say - how are you with algebra?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a great song!!!

    I didn't know that was the only recording they made.

    What else did they write???

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a great song!!!

    I didn't know that was the only recording they made.

    What else did they write???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:29 AM

    Did you know that htey also recorded that song in Spanish?

    A big hit in my northern New Jersey neck of the woods!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your relationship with your kids remind me of mine with my ma. You're all so close and thats beauiful, Im touched by your bond. Thank you for reminding me hunny
    :-)

    I loved the Flintstones ;-)

    Kisses hunny XxXxXxXxXxXxX

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope I have this kind of relationship with my daughter when she's in her 20's! ;) Beautiful!
    And I too, loved the Flintstones and that song!

    ReplyDelete
  7. BamBam was adopted?!

    I so know what you mean about the eye-rolling thing! I have just entered that territory with Meiri!

    LBPx

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Your visit is much appreciated.