Saturday, November 25, 2006

Day After

I had positively no intention of venturing out of doors on Friday, save for a bike ride. I had plenty to do indoors. Plenty. Should I find a need to venture out of doors, in no way, shape or form, were those out of doors ventures going to include going anywhere near any sort of retail outlet.

Mom called at 7:30 a.m. Friday morning. She would like to go to Target, if I don’t mind, which in our mother-daughter lingo means, come now, pick me up and take me to Target. I was able to stall until 9:30 a.m.

Target bled into Walgreens, which bled into CVS, which bled into the post-office, which bled into a fast food joint. Then home again, jiggity jig. My head hurt.

Daughter Dani decides that we should go get some cheapy sweats in preparation for her work next week. She’d purged all of her junky clothes several weeks ago. The only sweats and ratty jeans in her closet now are not suitable for public view.

She’d handed over the keys to her car for my mother-daughter errand with my mom, so off again, I go jiggity jig. "Mom, you know, we need bread and milk and ..." she reports. Wait! A grocery store too!?

Oh for Pete’s sake!

Friday found me maneuvering among the masses, probably my least favorite activity on earth, except for perhaps, a root canal.

The upside, the weather was wonderful, I did manage a bike ride after napping, excising the demons of the earlier day outings from my system.



5 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:13 AM

    Endless errands drive me insane! But at least the weather was good :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bike rides will help get rid of most of what's wrong. At least for a while. Glad you survived multiple Black Friday stops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Naps - and bike rides, I suppose - can certainly be restorative, but I think I'd pull my hair out if asked to make so many freaking shopping stops on such an insanely busy day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You deserve a medal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would take shopping over a root canal any day.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Your visit is much appreciated.