Monday, November 27, 2006

De-Lish

The first taste is tentative. Slow, silent appreciation for the soft, silky sweetness. Each sip thereafter is a hurried response to a craving. That hurtful, hungry and fierce desire that must be soothed, now.

Iced, she bites. She struggles in your mouth, attacks your teeth, gums. She pretends to be offering the elixir for your fuzzy tongue trembles. Merely chilled, she offers crisp, cool caresses that leave you breathless.

She calls to you in the early morning. She begs for late night visits. She searches for moments to entice throughout the day. When you seek her out, she promises glossy satisfaction in every drop.

Before long, you realize you're hooked. You can't go a day without a taste, a gulp. You devise reasons to tap. A cookie, anything. You cannot get enough. You must, must have more of the sweet silky softness.

Got Milk?

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:44 AM

    You eat cookies like a girl!


    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!


    (don't mind me... I'm in a strange mood today)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice prose... however, i don't want milk. You can have it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:30 AM

    Good Lord woman...have you ever considered rehab? I'm sure there is a 12 step program for afflictions like this.

    I have a strange urge to go to the fridge...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:50 AM

    Oy! Milk makes me gag. I get squeamish at the sight of someone drinking it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um, Deborah hon, you NEED a girlfriend. [giggle]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:35 PM

    What kind of milk do YOU drink?

    ReplyDelete
  7. roflmao at all the comments!!!

    I loved it Deb...you had me hooked from beginning to end...well done!!!

    Thinking of making a stop at the fridge on my way out the door....I made oatmeal/banana muffins last night.....care for one to go with your milk???

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never mind the milk, gives us a sip of whatever your on luv, it seems to be working ;-)

    Kisses XxXxXxXxXxX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha! I thought you were leading me to a woman....... shows you what is on my mind. That was a thrilling read.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Your visit is much appreciated.