Monday, December 11, 2006

All in A Day

Depending on the day and the activities encountered, Dani can go through, at minimum 3 pairs of shoes. She can go longer than three weeks without a repeat the last time I tried to count. Of late, she seems partial to Reebok, but there is fair representation by Nike, adidas, Sketchers and Vans.

Yes, Dani does shoes. Shoes of many shapes, colors and styles. Beyond the athletic and the casual, there are also the dress and the boots. High heels and flats in fairly equal measure. Her closet and under-bed storage are straining from the weight of all the shoes. So full is her closet, that the shoes (and more) have started invading other closets and common areas of our unit.

When I was a kid, I had a pair for school, a pair for play and a pair for church. Quite often the school and church pair would masquerade for one another. Sometimes, they would be one in the same.

This ethic followed me into my adulthood. Sometimes out of habit, sometimes not.

Eventually I learned to embrace shopping, even learned to opt for the madness that is shopping. I learned to shop for new shoes, to elect buying shoes out of want more than need.

The thing is by then, I had a daughter, who loved shoes.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:51 AM

    LOL what you are saying is that your daughter is a shoe diva??? I am not such a shoe person....well other than sandals from about April till the snow flies!! But even then it's usually one or two favourites worn until they fall off my feet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never thought about this, but i too had the requisite play shoes and church shoes. Funny how we now need a pair for particular activities. The genius of marketing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:51 PM

    Oh! This reminds me I found my faux Doc Martins from Walmart!!! All is right with the world now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:11 PM

    I bet she's got cute feet right? If I had cute feet I'd be a shoe diva too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wendy turned me into a shoe whore. Before I met her, I was a two or three pairs of shoes gal. Now I own at least 15.

    Ah, the things we learn from our loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:12 PM

    I have found that as I've gotten older I've started collecting more shoes. Right now I've got three pairs of sneakers downstairs and at least two more upstairs. I reckon I've become a shoe whore.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Your visit is much appreciated.