Saturday, December 02, 2006

Snow

As you may have heard, my little town and several others were blanketed with a fair amount of snow late Thursday through Friday. My area got six inches. Some others, twice that amount. My short boots held up well with the slogging I had on tap for the day.
The snow tapered around 1:00 p.m. Friday afternoon. Much of the town looked like a picture post card. These are for Suzanne, who loves snow. Some souls either didn't believe the forecasts or didn't care. No, I would never, ever even think about riding my bike in this kind of weather. Never. But hey, different strokes.
Our pre-winter storm isn't just about the snow. We will be treated with well below freezing temps all weekend. Dictating the theme-hot and steamy. Hot and steamy beverages will be consumed the entire weekend. If not for the actor's play closing this weekend, it's doubtful yours truly would even go outside. But the play is closing and see it I must. Again. Not even ten degree temps could keep me away.

for your enjoyment: Sleigh bells ring, are you listening? In the lane, snow is glistening. A beautiful sight, we're happy tonight, walking in a winter wonderland.

Hypothetically speaking.

13 comments:

  1. We got snowed on lots too. About the same amount. Made for some interesting driving, but I like an adventure.
    Stay warm, sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:22 AM

    No snow here yet...but itsa comin'

    I'm all about the hot steamy beverages in winter...it's the only way I can get through the season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:53 AM

    The snow pictures! Stay warm!

    poor suzanne surrounded by 70 degree weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. heard we're getting flurries on Monday - WOOHOO... finally Winter is starting! (yeah, I'm one of those people who don't mind the cold weather!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:26 AM

    I'm so jealous. I want a blizzard for Christmas.

    The pics are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I SO want to try bike riding in snow. Maybe with spiked tires and fenders, but I'd be up for it.

    No snow for me in Southern California.

    I love the short boots.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:24 PM

    Great pics Deb....we have had bitter cold wind and weather this weekend but so far no snow.....oooops spoke too soon I JUST looked outside and there is a light dusting....but that hardly counts!!!

    Cute boots btw....:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The snow looks very beautiful, but I'm glad it isn't here.....

    Hope you had a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous2:12 AM

    OMG thats beautiful, you lucky ducks, I want some too :-(

    Kisses XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX

    ReplyDelete
  10. My envy knows no bounds.
    Hope you got out and played a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous12:44 PM

    i love snow,i'm looking forward to it this year,but i think it won't snow,at least not yet:(

    ReplyDelete
  12. guess those bikes will go used for a while....

    great pics

    ReplyDelete
  13. YEEEEESSSHHHHHHHHH, UCK.
    brrrrrrrr.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Your visit is much appreciated.