Sunday, February 11, 2007

Tat. Me?

I've seen many tattoos. Some I've liked and some, not so much.

Some time ago the question was posed, "Do you have any tattoos?" The answer is no. The person posing the question further queried, if I were to get a tat, would I design it myself.

Frankly I'd never, ever, given any thought to getting a tattoo. The topic, however, has come up frequently, recently. My daughter, for instance, has been wanting one for some time now. The only thing holding her back is indecision. She cannot decide what or where. She has not asked for my assistance and I have not volunteered, except to say, if she thought she must have one, it should be on her upper back, shoulder blade area, on the right.

Tattoos are not for me. I am dark complected and I don't like how tattoos look over time on some other dark skinned people. Further, as I'm rather conservative in manners of dress, no one would ever see this tat, unless of course, I manage to get myself one of those partners I hear are all the rage. That might be fun but still, it would seem a waste of time, money and ink. I'm not a big supporter of waste. My eczema, too, gives me pause.

Since the friend mentioned the possibility of designing my own tattoo, I haven't been able to get



this image out of my head, so I put it on paper. If I were to get a tattoo it might look something like the image shown here. Or. then again, it might not. The point is moot, as I am not even thinking about getting a tattoo. The images, however are continuing to materialize.

9 comments:

  1. tat party in C-town? I think we go on the stapler raid then go get the tats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:50 AM

    If I had a tat it would be something celestial or yin/yang.

    But there isn't really anywhere on my body that I would want ot draw attention to...so probably no tat for me either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I love the "eye-to-eye" imagery and all it symbolizes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a tattoo person either, but your design is interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the design, too. I've been toying with getting one myself. I don't think I will, but you never know. A phoenix appeals just at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. no tats here... i hear word tell that Austin is bringing 5... 4 of which I know the location and one which i am supposed to find....heh.... I will let you know if I do....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Back when I was a hippie, everyone got heart tatoos on their breasts, butterflies on their butts, etc. They all looked adorable, but I resisted. NOW when I see those women in the steam rooms, their hearts look like big ole moles & the butt butterflies look like BATS. haha.
    phew! I made a good decision.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Three things prevent me from getting a tattoo:

    1. I'm just not a tattoo type-o'-gal.
    2. Pain (not into it if I don't have to be).
    3. I can't imagine what I wouldn't be embarrassed to see on my body when I was 80.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Go for it, Deborah... if you choose. Remember, ink is very pewrsonal, and the only person it is there for, is you.

    ...and thanks, eb!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Your visit is much appreciated.