Friday, April 06, 2007

Happy Always Happy

Wishes for a happy birthday, anniversary, Friday or really most any happy wishing generally fills one with glee. Always, the flexi-wing maxi and mini pad folks, are wishing women and girls happy periods.

The glee over this happy wish is fleeting

Not, mind you, that I’m un-happy with beinggirl, I’m perfectly happy with beinggirl, it’s just that at 46, I’m not all that happy to still be having a period, as periodic as they may be these days. I’ve been meeen-oooo-paws-ahl for nearly two years. The cycle has feted me to periods of lost focus and concentration, anxiousness, insomnia leading to fatigue, weight gain, diminished libido, surging libido, overwhelming menses, scant menses and missing menses. Oh, it’s been a happy, happy time in Middle Girl world. Really.

In all seriousness, happy does live here, not happy periods, but happy, generally and genuinely.

If Aunty Flo were to take a sudden and permanent powder, I would be even happier.

Happy…Days!

8 comments:

  1. It was obviously a GUY that thought up the tag line "have a happy period." If ever I meet him, I'm going to smack him upside the head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Call me because I have a baseball bat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The joys of womanhood.
    Happiness abounds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there Deborah..
    Maybe another year or so - I forget your age.
    It IS splendid when the periods FINALLY stop!!!
    It's so great, you even forget how bad it was to have them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Feeling and living your angst and annoyance, Deborah! Feel happy in not being alone in it! Here's to no more periods SOON, dammit!
    hate this roller-coasting crap - ENOUGH already!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't forget to call me, I have a sword.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think periods are a wonderful rhythm... bring on the Mooncup! I will miss them when they are done with.

    (Aunty Flo... we don't have that euph here... but very funny !!!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Hello world here's a song that we're singing Come on get happy!

    A whole lotta lovin' is what we'll be bringing. We'll make you happy!"


    Sorry... I don't really have much to add here... but it WAS a cool song when we were kids... wasn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Your visit is much appreciated.