Sunday, August 05, 2007

A Rare Dream Memory

Neta and I were in a lumber store. I can’t tell you why we were there beyond the obvious getting lumber. I don’t know why we were getting lumber. While I have assembled furniture, I’ve never built any. The only building I’ve witnessed at Neta’s is that of the fantastic omelets and…momentum.

We are in separate parts of the store. I am waiting in a line, I think to the saw. I’m not holding any wood so I’m not sure what’s going to get sawed once I get to the front. There are people milling about the store and soon I start to see people I know from my former church. Maureen, Kelly and Alice come as one and say hello. While we are talking my mother joins the group. The other ladies say their good-byes, leaving my mother and me alone.

We are talking for only a few minutes before I mention that my friend, Neta is in the store and ask mom if she would like to meet her. Mom blurts out a no, bids me a hasty farewell, stating she doesn’t want the van to leave without her, all while vanishing through the double-swinging doors.

I wake abruptly and permanently, starting this day two hours earlier than planned.

10 comments:

  1. cuttin' off your old life, are you?

    This is fascinating....and sounds like my dreams of late. Change is good, even if it's unsettling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What does it mean to you?
    Hmm?
    And, how does it make you feel?
    That will be $90.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an anxiety dream to me I have those way to often when I am having a tough time with something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you're getting closer to telling her.
    And when you do, remember that no matter her reaction, you are living your life as your true self and that is something to be proud of.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I told my folks by sending them an invitation to our commitment ceremony. That was at 7 years together. I'd say you have time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky you ... I've been dreaming bout bout nothing but shite recently ... literally ... but Im not gonna complain cos those dreams means I getting a lot of money from somewhere ... so bring it on!!!!

    Kisses xXxXxXxXxXxXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deborah, it shows SO obviously, that she knows already, but doesn't want to admit it.

    In her own time, she'll come around. And meanwhile, until you & Neta are living together, there's no reason to push it in her face.

    I don't know how close you guys are (you & your Mom), or how often you talk, but if you want to share this part of your life with her even before the living arrangements change, then it's up to you to say something, but keep in mind, even the most liberal of parents (like mine are) needed time to get used to this 'lifestyle'.

    I'm sure you'll be fine and so will she when it happens!

    And of course it happens at a Home Depot type of store, right? Typical lesbian, you guys are!!! (sorry, couldn't resist!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ditto to Amaya and Val.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't dream often and I don't usually remember them when I do. so this one struck a chord, obviously. I think you are all pretty much on the mark. But as for what I'll do (or when)...who knows?

    Lori...add it to the tab-wouldja please.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely...you have unlimited credit.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Your visit is much appreciated.