Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Twisty, Like Bread

I'd exercise more if my knees didn't hurt so much. My knees might not hurt so much if I exercised more.

So says the doc. She suggests losing weight to take pressure off the knees. I'm with that program, have been for several months years now. I'm up and down. Right now my weight is up and my resolve is down.

I feel it coming back, though. Slowly.

M'lady and I had vowed to K E O M (Keep Each Other Motivated) and it was working rather well. She was sidelined by an injury which led to surgery. She is now beginning to feel well enough to get back to the gym.

I took one of those bloggy tests the other day. The topic, health and fitness. After answering all the questions I was labeled "guru". I know what to do, what and how to eat. I just have problems consistently practicing what's been preached.

It's the last week of summer. There is a crispness in the air. Autumn is upon us and like the falling leaves, so too will my weight.

That's the idea, hope, goal, anyway. Resolved!?!

12 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:03 PM

    Wanna do a cyber-support thing? Weekly weigh-in/check in type of thing? Just a thought.

    October begins "Walktober." If you start now, you can set a goal of 10,000 steps per day, working from now until then to get yourself to that goal. Then, you try to go the whole month doing that number of steps. Incidentally, that's somewhere in the vicinity of 5 miles per day, if you have an average stride.

    Omron makes a great pedometer that we typically can find in Eckerd stores. It has a 7 day history that it keeps for you -- counts steps, calculates distance, calories burned, and time.

    I love it when I'm motivated. I love it more when my SO gets involved with me and stays involved with it.

    Bestbestbestbestbest of luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to stay motivated with the gym too, you definitely could start a check in program and we could all rah-rah for each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go baby!Either way...I love you and you are fine as wine to me.-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:53 PM

    Oh man!

    She brought wine into it.

    She MUST love you!

    h

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cyber-support group sounds fantastic. I like the idea of rah-rahs.

    She does. Lucky me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:25 AM

    You took an online quiz and didn't post a link?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Resolve is a good thing to start with.

    And wine can be fine, as long as she's not referring to Boone's Farm...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Coem to the shrinking piggies, darln. We have until the end of the year to lose 20 pounds, and keep each other honest by POSTING our progress.

    shrinkingpiggies.blogpsot.com

    And congratulations on your renewed committment to better health. It's a shame it's such a freaking struggle, ain't it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. tha't blogSPOT, naturally

    ReplyDelete
  10. it's always a good idea to find things that help motivate you...other than just losing the weight. it's helpful if you can look forward to the workouts and having more motivations will help with that.

    good luck, girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sure you can keep with the program, Deborah - -'specially if wine is included! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Try stretching your muscles/tendons and get loosened up. That might be easier on the knee when you decide to start exercising.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Your visit is much appreciated.