Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Rest In Peace


Neta's LuLu died early this morning. She talks about it over at her place. What I want to say here is how utterly useless I felt when I couldn't wrap my arms around her and comfort her in the way that I know she needed. I could only listen, cry with her and say all the stuff you say--when that's all you can do. Being away in general is hard. Being away during trying times is unbearable.
Truly.
Lulu, Luie, Sissy or Sissy Lu was a cat with a lot of 'tude. In fact I dubbed her tail-i-tude after I met her in March. She had a way of 'flipping' you off with her tail that was just so feline. She and I hadn't a lot of time to bond as she was typically aloof. She was, however, much more visible during my July trip. She sat out and still long enough to snap this shot of her and to get to know her a bit better. I know she will be missed. Neta, baby, may peace be with you.
Fifty days.

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:04 AM

    The worse feeling in the world is the impotence you feel when someone you love is hurting, and all you can do is talk to them on the phone when you really want to be WITH them, HOLD them, REASSURE them, and help them move on.

    Sending Neta rainbow hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:01 AM

    So Sad. Lulu rest in Peace.
    Thinking of Neta and You.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for Neta's loss. And yes, it's tough to be compassionate the way you want to, via the phone. sigh. May the time fly between now and 50 days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you baby for thinking of her. I visited her "grave site" today. I will miss her little turned up nose and cute little face forever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love the face on her. I imagine that she was a force to be reckoned with.

    I'm sorry, Neta...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:32 PM

    You'd have 'tude too if you had to go through your whole life with an itchy face. May 17 virgins surround LuLu in heaven to scratch her head for all eternity.

    Truly, though, I'm sorry for Neta's loss. LuLu looks like she was an extraordinary kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Warm thoughts to your girl...and you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry to read about this Only. I hope your GF is doing OK. Hang in there...both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks all. She (we) are doing better by bits. The days are counting down and that is good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 50 days are almost doable.

    Hugs, good thoughts, and peaceful dreams to you both.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Your visit is much appreciated.