Thursday, March 27, 2008

Just A Slice

A/P Lady: I sent you a check for $212.74 ! ! YOU are STILL billing me for $212.74

Credit Mgr. (me): Yes, ma’am. We got your check for $212.74 and we applied the $212.74 to your bill. That is not in dispute. However….

A/P Lady: I DON’T KNOW WHY you KEEP billing ME. WE PAID the invoice!!

Me: Yes ma’am, I’m not disputing that, however …

A/P Lady: I HAVE A CANCELLED CHECK!

Me: Ma’am, I am not disputing payment of the $212.74. Your total bill came to $1,704.51. The $212.74 combined with your subsequent payment of $1,279.03 brings your total payment to $1,491.77, leaving $212.74. ~~There were 2 invoices for 1 order, from the beginning someone in the A/P office misconstrued the larger of the two invoices. The $212.74 represents payment of the smaller invoice. ~~

A/P Lady: I don’t see how that is, I sent a check for $212.74.

Me: Yes ma’am you did. We got that check, however….

This went on for about 15 minutes with me explaining every which way how it is that she or rather her employer: a school district is MI still owes the company $212.74. This tussle has been going on for several months. The collection agency dropped it as too small for litigation. I’ll keep it on the books until the end of the year and if A/P lady still hasn’t gotten it it will go down as a bad debt for the company.

Let’s talk about King Crab Legs some more. Yum, except…

6 comments:

  1. I wonder if I can avoid paying some bills by acting like a dumbass?

    I'd call that bitch every day, just for kicks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:27 PM

    Arrgh!

    Frustrating

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pisser is you have to be NICE to people like this!

    Meanwhile in your head you are calling them every simpleminded name in the book.

    I give you credit for keeping your calm...it's hard to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should give us her number. We could all call her every day and ask her silly questions. :-)

    You are great with the customers. I'd have lost it with her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:00 PM

    It's is scary that people like that are allowed to procreate and vote!

    ReplyDelete
  6. King crab legs are sexy? Really? Hmmmm.

    Na.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Your visit is much appreciated.