Tuesday, March 18, 2008

In My Head

Good Morning. Two simple words, a customary greeting even, if not especially, among strangers. Why…

I was ten or so when my mom began to relinquish her authority over my wardrobe. I was given more freedom to make my own choices and those choices…

On my way to see my son on stage on Saturday I encountered some St. Paddy celebrants all decked out in celebratory garb. Some conversation among the celebrants wound its way to astrological signs and related attributes. One celebrant asked the other “are you like, psycho sensitive?" My mind wonders what…

I checked and double checked my tax forms before my e-filing. Still, I got the rejected e-mail. Turns out I flubbed my SS No. What? I’ve been writing, typing and reciting this number for over 30 years. I know it! What!?! My head is just…

...clogged, like my ears, well actually just one ear. The right ear is disconnecting periodically and it is driving me…

The fog outside is nothing compared to the fog in my head. In my day-to-day I’m slogging through the important, funny or relevant details or scenes. I can articulate them and then I can’t. Consistent coherency is a struggle right now. My thoughts and energies are not here with me, they are there with her. I want ME to be there, right now!

But I can’t be, not right now. So I need to finish a thought, compose a tune that allows me to dance, to function well enough, long enough until there is where I can be.

7 comments:

  1. A year of long-distance-ing is tough...best of luck getting to where you want to be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You not only have spring fever, you are also in love. Combine those two together and you could probably light a match by simply standing next to it....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:04 PM

    sounds like long distance love to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the consistent coherency thing. If you find a solution, let me know.

    I suppose, "It's a Small World After All", wouldn't be the tune you're looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey my friend. Just keep taking it one day at a time or as a very "wise" person tells me constantly: "One Brick At A Time".
    It'll happen, it will....
    Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  6. One day at a time...it will all get better. The fog will clear and hope is on the horizon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm liking that psycho sensitive thing. Going to use it, let you know how it goes.

    And, hang in there, my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Your visit is much appreciated.