Sunday, July 27, 2008

After

Mom: You got your hair cut! It's CUT!


Yes, I got my hair cut. The after is even shorter than before and my mother is even taken with the result. Hair, always a big deal around these parts, has somehow become even bigger. Both she and my daughter buy hair and pay someone (or enlist me) to sew, weave, glue or braid the purchased hair into their own. Though mom's more limited budget and condition has her resorting to wigs more often these days.

Still, given the givens, the reactions (my daughter isn't quite as bothered by the boy cut as she is with the gray) were pretty tame. Mom is trying on a more laid-back, don't sweat the small stuff, persona. Some days it is a good fit, some days not. And though we still haven't had that conversation, sharing pics and talk of Neta is not as hair-raising as it might have been times ago.

Times go by.

9 comments:

  1. As long as you're happy with it, that's all the matters. I think it looks great, btw. Will you keep it that short in the winter, too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! Doesn't it feel awesome?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo...look at you dyke girl.

    I'm not sure why hair is such a big deal. I guess it's because it is a woman's crowning glory (I shall puke now). But, no matter what I do with my hair I always get one of two comments:

    Gosh, I really liked you hair better before - or - You know, your hair looks much better this way than it did before.

    W T F E

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sassy, I am happy and thanks. Yes, I will keep it this short in winter.

    Jess, thanks and yes indeed, it does feel awesome.

    eb, yep yep and Oh how I know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also liberated myself of much hair on Saturday. I have a pinch more than you on the top, but not on the sides. Loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the hair!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Next time should we expect NO hair? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG - we have the same shower curtain! The super short works on you. Me, I'd look like an albino, deformed squash-head.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the hair! Perfect for summer, too.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Your visit is much appreciated.