Tuesday, August 05, 2008

August

I had a chilling thought this morning. Soon, I must begin the process of pulling out for assessment my fall and winter wardrobe. I know already that I need shoes, everyday walking in the rain and snow type-shoes. More slacks and maybe more sweaters too. I probably should have started a few weeks ago, but I haven’t wanted to think about it. Not about the winter, so much, I’m used to that. I am not looking forward to the shopping.

NO I do not like shopping at all. I am, however, least bothered by shoe shopping. I even almost enjoy shopping for shoes. That though, is probably because I feed off daughter’s energy. She takes shoe shopping pleasure to a whole. nutha. level. Truth be told she's like that about clothes shopping too, but that joy, for some reason doesn't pull me in as much.

While I was doing the touristy thing last week, I met some women on a trolley. They were sisters traveling with their children and they were from Tennessee, Nashville, in fact. They asked among other things, if I’d ever been to Nashville. I told them of my very special friend who lives just outside Nashville and yes, I’d been down there many times in the last couple of years.

They asked if I’d been to any of the clubs (a couple) and offered that I might enjoy living in the Nashville area. They said in unison, “the winters are really mild.” I told them that I was hoping to convince my TN friend to come here for a spell during the winter. I was thinking how fetching she’d look in boots and a fuzzy hat.

That thought warms me, though the 80 plus degree temps today (and through the weekend) plays a part in that warmth. Yum. Enjoying it much, while it lasts.

4 comments:

  1. You know, I've really found I love the winter, it just needs to stop a bit sooner than this last one. Now I'm sick of the heat. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate shopping too. HATE isn't even a strong word for it.

    The only good thing about not having seasons here, we never have to swap out wardrobes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hate shopping too... don't care what the fashion is, just give me something that is comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Power shopping is my favorite hobby! :)

    Okay, seriously, can you have your daughter do some shopping for you? She knows your taste and sizes, I'm sure, so would that work?

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Your visit is much appreciated.