Monday, August 04, 2008

Squish Squash

Is there anything worse than walking out your front door, getting very near the train station and having the cloudy and overcast day darken to night?

Yes and that is getting off the train at your appointed stop some 10 minutes later in the midst of a down-pour. A big, honking, gushing, windy and horizontal sort of down-pour. I was met with even darker skies, thunder and lightening as well. Not a pleasant beginning for the first day back after the mini-vacation.

I hate, absolutely HATE getting wet on the way to work.
.
.
.
Thanks all for the happy birthday wishes. It and the days that followed were fine and fun. I realized this morning that over the course of the last five days I did not have even one piece of chocolate cake. I did however, have peach cobbler which was good and some kind of brown sugary, cinnamon, pound-y type cake (both at the anniversary party) which was not good, in fact it was nasty, very. I would rather have had an armadillo cake, at least there would have been something to talk about. Speaking of cakes, I ran across this site recently. Hmmm.


Anyhooo, now it is back to the daily grind which on this day meant wet, squishy . . . shoes for a good portion of the morning. Thanks to my heater I'll be dry before I have to go back out. I hope the rain has moved onward for today, at least until I'm back home.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I hate hate hate that....hope you dry off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That armadillo should be on the cake as road kill. Really, who sees those things alive???

    Sucks about getting soaked going into work. I hate it but more for ruining my hair than squishy shoes or wet clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rain sucks all the time, except when you able to be in bed listening to it! :) (preferably with a very cute & sexy partner to snuggle with!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. May the clounds part and the rains cease the moment you need to exit the building. (I try to use my power for good.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bad weather made the news here in Nebraska. They said the Sears Tower made a lovely lightning rod...

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Your visit is much appreciated.