Friday, October 31, 2008

The Week Has Ended, Almost


I'm not looking forward to the commute home today. The bus ride, barely tolerable on the best of days, degrades 400% on Halloween. I was hoping to bribe convince my daughter with a dinner in one of the many eateries in the work neighborhood if she'd drive down after her own work and then we'd ride home together. She wasn't exactly snapping up my suggestion. She served up a counter that included going to see Saw V , me still taking public transpo home, footing the bill for dinner and a movie.
I don't think so. Last I heard, the weather is supposed to be pleasant, maybe I'll take the train home. That will mean walking several extra blocks on both ends, but that's ok as I've been kinda lazy tired this week, the walking will do me good.
Saturday = Martinis. Yum.

4 comments:

  1. LOL! That girl of yours just KILLS me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't you use the ol' "I went through 5 days of labor pains to bring you into the world and this is what I get" guilt trip?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:45 PM

    Next time she comes over for dinner, serve up some Ramen noodles and an old re-run of "I Love Lucy."

    That'll learn her...

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Your visit is much appreciated.