Sunday, November 02, 2008

Dreams

I don’t have many dreams or rather I hadn't had many. i seem to be having them more, or rather, remember them more. The memories, the dreams of late, anyway, are not beginning, middle and end events. I'm remembering snippets only--those leading to wakefulness.

A couple of weeks ago I was driving a bus. Not a school or even a city bus, but a tour bus, a tour bus without tourists.

I was handling the very large vehicle with relative ease until *thwack* something smacked the bus. I don’t know what it was, but there wasn’t time to ponder the what, for the smack down had made me lose control. In fact, the impact of whatever it was had thrown be about the bus. I reached my arms out, trying to grab hold of the steering wheel from several rows back.


I woke just as the bus was careening over the side of a bridge.


A couple of days later the dream was about the cats and a mouse. They caught a mouse, but instead of the images being live action, they were animated, “Tom & Jerry” inspired animation to be precise. They were having a grand old time with the mouse. My role was that of the human you see only from the knees down. I woke to legs chasing the trio down a flight of stairs.


A couple of days ago the dream was about my bedroom light switch. Inexplicably it had fallen from the wall. Instead of moving to repair it, I fussed over how to get the lights off (apparently glossing over the fact that if the switch were repaired . . . voila). I woke at the height of frustration at not being able to extinguish the overhead lighting.


I know folks believe that dreams mean something, heck, they probably do, in fact I'm pretty sure they mean something if not the dreams themselves, certainly the fact that I'm more active in that arena lately.

Still, I haven’t given either of these too much thought, well, except for the cats and mouse one. I’ve thought about that a lot. Not about what it means but rather, why my feet were wearing such ugly house slippers, especially considering I don't wear house slippers.

Good Night.

1 comment:

  1. Wow...really insightful dreams, D...

    The bus one is very interesting, especially since you thought you were in control but clearly were not...

    And the bedroom light switch. WOW. Tired of all of us bugging you about your love weekend? :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Your visit is much appreciated.