Thursday, November 20, 2008

Quiz and More


By way of eb the quiz has me pegged:

You're a potato!
Just to clarify, we don't mean that in a "couch potato" way. We see potatoes as full of possibilities. Think about it -- they're great all year round, in potato salad, as mashed potatoes, as French fries... the list goes on. You're always willing to try new things, but at the same time, you're very reliable. As vegetables go, you seem like you'd make a great best friend.



19% of the people who took this quiz got the same evaluation.

.... And

THE WALKING INTO GLASS DOOR STORY eb's take not that far off.

Daughter and I were out shopping, which in and of itself was amazing enough. This had to be a bit over two years ago, we were shopping for stuff to take to Vegas. I think we were in the hunt for a swimsuit and cover-up for me. This was going to be our last (of many) stops that day.

I found a suit that I thought I could live with, though as it turns out I never wore it while in Vegas, but no cover-up. I paid for the suit, gathered my share of the bags, D took her share. We headed for the door. Of course, we were gib-gabbing the entire time, shooting the shit with the cashiers, talking trash about one thing or another, laughing about something else we'd seen that day. Those particular details escape me now. Anyway, gib-gabbing, laughing and walking--toward the door, which of course, is glass, as are the side panels.

The guard, standing near the door was trying to get my attention. He was saying, "ma'am, ma'am, MA'AM". I heard him, but not really. I couldn't gather precisely what or why. I was gib-gabbing with D and one of the clerks who was following us to the door. I has heading the charge toward this wall of glass. In the instant it dawned on me what and why, BAM! my head and the rest of my body had come in contact with the wall of glass. I'd mistaken one of the panels for the open glass door.

The impact (and the embarrassment) knocked me to the floor, the bags scattered. D couldn't hold it together, in the instant she saw I wasn't hurt (my own laughing probably tipped her off) she broke down and guffawed her ass off. The clerk, trying desperately to hold it together, lost the battle and sniggled just a little.

"Ma'am, are you ok?", the guard asked. I assured him I was, rolled to a standing position and gathered the bags. My lovely daughter pulled herself together and proclaimed, "that's the funniest thing I've seen ALL day, hell, all year!"

We left the store pretty much in-tact. She re-told it several times that day, to her boyfriend, M and mom. She's re-told it several times since, to new acquaintances, co-workers (she's worked in 4 different places since) and strangers on the bus. Whenever we need a pick-me-up she asks, "remember when you ran into....?"

Now, I'm going to relish in the fact that I'm a potato and not a pickle. Though, I think it'd be fun to be a pickle. At least once.

7 comments:

  1. OMFG! I'm probably going to tell it tomorrow! HAHAHAHAHA

    Jesus, that's a funny story.

    Thanks.

    HAHAHAHAHA, some more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Syd emailed me not to miss this entry, I'm glad she did... Love it! LMAO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great story.... particularly loved the 'rolled to a standing position' - how does one do that anyway???!!! hehehehehe!

    And congrats on NOT being a couch potato!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ROTFLMAO too!!! Oh God I could actually see you doing that girl. Yep, you guessed it, one more person is going to run with this story!! :-P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a chili pepper. :)

    That story? Hilarious, but I'm sure only in retrospect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ROFL I love slamming-into-glass stories... I think each of us has one.

    Mine happened at church, during a large ladies conference... and when I hit it, the first thing out of my mouth was "OH S*#%" I think I traumatized some old ladies with my language, which was even funnier... and wanted to die of embarassment at the time.

    Now I just laugh!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Your visit is much appreciated.