Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanks

Life is not where I would prefer at the moment, but all things considered, it isn’t so bad. I have my son, daughter and mom who will share in the meal tomorrow. I have my health, though I remain concerned over the health of loved ones. I have a home that is warm and soon enough will be filled with the smells of some things cooking. I have the three beautifully entertaining and loving fur babies. Buttah jumped from one perch to another and mis-judged the effect of landing on a magazine. He’s fine but the “ohhhh shit” look in his eyes as he skidded to the floor was priceless.Once we was over the embarrassment he came to cuddle.

I have friends who keep me entertained and engaged, allowing me an escape from my worries of the days.

I have memories of past Thanksgiving gatherings, as I shared with a friend via email recently:
My sister-in-law brought Pork N Beans and burnt pumpkin pies --was that last year? Anyhoo... Waaaaay back when I was a wee lass, we were having t-giving dinner w/one of my mom's sisters. She and hubby got to cussin' and fightin' as they always did and before you know it turkey & dressin' went flyin' across the room. He broke for the door when he saw her reach for her beloved knives, she slipped in some dressing.

Though the kids had been banished to the bedroom we managed to peek and eventually leak out of the door. We didn’t join in the fray but we did laugh our little asses off.

I have a rich (though often fractious) history and relationships with much of my extended family. Conversely I have an equally rich but very much warmer and more companionable history and relationships with my immediate family. I am thankful for it all, for all of them.

Note to Dr. C.: figure out what’s doin’ with my girl and fix it, sooner rather than later, please.

Travelers be safe. Chefs de-stress. Eaters go easy. Well, try anyway.

Happy, happy, joy, joy to one, to all.

Peace.

16 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Deborah!

    xoeb

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a wonderful holiday with you and yours and stay warm in CHI

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deborah, you are SO sweet & have been such a joy to get to know thru the years with our blogs. May the Goddess Bless You & have a wonderful Thanksgiving day!
    (((hugs)))
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Much love to you my friend! Thank you for sharing yourself with me all this time. Enjoy Thanksgiving!

    oxox
    nina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving to you and your family Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Man, that story makes me laugh, even though I already heard it!!!

    Hope you are able to keep the peace and more importantly, peace of mind.

    Happy Thanksgiving, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What they said girl!! Enjoy it my friend. Thinking of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WHOOOOO-HOOOOOOO! You gotta love family, eh?

    May you and yours (even the furbabies) have a wonderful day of giving thanks.

    ((((TOD))))

    ReplyDelete
  10. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! Can you tell I'm still on cup of coffee #1? I have to get cooking!

    Oh, and my word verification today is priceless...

    NOMEN

    ReplyDelete
  11. Families sure can keep us entertained with their antics, huh?

    Hope it was a great day for all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope your holiday was everything wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah, there is that quiet person with those loud thoughts....

    Hope your holidays were happy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you've been having yourself a wonderful holiday weekend, Deborah.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous4:21 PM

    Hey there hunny bunny ... just popped by to say hi and I missed ya ... all is good this side of the pond ... Sib and I got married ... dont know if you knew that ... I'm working, teaching and going to college as well so Im a busy beeeee ... we have a new addition to the family ... as well as Adonis and Elvis ... we have little Lily :-)

    How ya been babe?
    Miss ya ... kiss ya :-)

    Love Kel (maddy ... mad hatter) xXx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'll be dipped in donuts and rolled in sprinkles, look who the wind blew in. I've been good babe, and Congrats on all the goodness in your life.

    Ahhh Lily. How cool. N has a Lily too.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Your visit is much appreciated.