Wednesday, December 31, 2008

not quite what i had in mind

It was just about this time of year two years ago when I met Neta. I was drinking wine, trolling the various sites where I had profiles posted, checking the traffic, listening with half an ear and watching with half an eye TV. At some point that night I remember the movie Sideways was playing.

After several glasses of wine over some period of time, I saw Neta's profile. I was in the middle of a quasi-chat with someone not that interesting but enough to fill some empty minutes. I read Neta's profile 2, 3, 4 times and then decided to write. Not just a hello, but a real full-on, howyadoin' greeting. While I was composing same I saw that she'd written me. Be still.

We "talked" off and on the rest of the night and littered one another's boxes with mail messages over the next several weeks. My heart.

Last year, on this eve I was there with her. Right about this time I think we were napping, gearing up for the night. The plans were to go to her parents for shrimp cocktail and back home for steaks from the bar-B. I remember it was very, very windy. I remember the steaks were fuckin' awesome.

For a number of reasons we couldn't be together this year on this eve, physically. But we are more than ever together in every other way. Miss her wildly.

The cat I told my daughter she couldn't bring home has become quite the snuggle Buttah. Still, I have visions of . . . otherwise, on this eve. I'll be on the phone workin' some of that out a bit later.

To my love, I wish you a Happy Glorious Joyous New Year and heres to seeing you soon!

To one, to all, happy, happy, joy, joy and much Peace.

If you together with your loved one(s) be glorious! Celebrate, happiness, togetherness.

Cheers!

7 comments:

  1. It's hard to believe you've been two years with Tenessee. That means it's been almost two years since Memphis. Wow, how time does fly.

    Happy New Year to both and your fam and the furry ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the story of your meeting—two love taps passing in the ethernet! Here's to many New Years to come spent in the same Zip code; it's clearly meant to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope 2009 brings more time together for you two!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet! I never thought to ask how you two met. I'm thoughtful like that. (Ugh)

    Hope you get lots of face time in the coming year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It must be agony, I'm sorry for you both. Hope 2009 brings more time together physically. Long distance relationships are so hard, but you seem to be enduring quite well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovey dovey story, Deb!!

    Wow...and how nice to see you so happy. Here's to more of the same in 2009...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:47 PM

    Great Story! Even better pic and caption!!! had me rolling on the floor :-)

    Happy New Year My Friend

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Your visit is much appreciated.