Sunday, December 28, 2008

Sun Not Fun Day

I wish that I could blame it on "the holidays" but I can't. In truth, I probably wouldn't, even if I could because that would be a cop-out. I think it has to do with limbo. I think it has to do with stagnation. I think it has to do with...I don't know what the hell it has to do with.

Maybe the weather. But then again, maybe not. Today's weather was great by late December standards. There was much rain yesterday (flooding for some) and there was fog. But the temps climbed (yesterday). Though colder today, the sun shone and I walked some 4 miles.

There are a number of things (and people) making me happy these days but there seems to be an equal number making me sad. In some cases they are the same things (and people). Odd, that. Maybe that's . . .

I was looking forward to Christmas and the day was fine as far as that goes, but the day left me feeling. . .flat. The days since I've been scrounging around for something to fluff me again. Pie and the new obsession, peppermint ice cream help, but clearly a temporary fix not to mention offering the potential for even further angst-like feelings.

Things to do. I need things to do. I have things to do, like finding bowls for the dozen or so Tupper, Glad and various ware tops hanging out in my cabinet. Or not. There are other things of a much more vital nature. But, getting into them, problem.

Groove, none. Gone.

Temporary, yes. Hope.

7 comments:

  1. I always feel let down after Xmas. It was worse when I was a kid. But it still happens even now. Heck, this year I even got sick -be glad you didn't go that far! There's always such a HUGE build up. And then Bang-it's over.
    I hated Christmas for years because of this. But Now (the last 3 years) that I don't have any money to buy gifts with, I just stopped buying presents. Somehow I feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:32 PM

    Here's hoping the funk lifts soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel ya. I ended up cleaning closets and bathroom drawers this weekend. And that's about *all* I did. Motivation is scarce.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm... perhaps a change of scenery is in need? Jes trying to suggest it could help, no?!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I'd heard that feeling funky is a good thing, but in this case, perhaps not.

    Hope it lifts soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You may feel funky but at least you don't smell funky.

    You need an art project.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Your visit is much appreciated.