Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Mom Survey

By way of Trop, and Hahn, and also Maria. With no further ado, my daughter's responses:

1. What is something mom always says to you?

Danielle, move your shoes!

2. What makes mom happy?

Reading a good book, and when she can, hang out with her children.

3. What makes mom sad?

When I disappoint her...well, when anyone she cares about disappoints her.

4. How does your mom make you laugh?

Tells funny stories.

5. What was your mom like as a child?

She was super quiet!

6. How old is your mom?

Soon to be...49

7. How tall is your mom?

5 feet 7 inches (ish)

8. What is her favorite thing to do?

Play Scrabble

9. What does your mom do when you're not around?

Wouldn't know, I'm not around.

10. If your mom became famous, what would she be famous for?

Best selling author!

11. What is your mom really good at?

Drawing, sketching, sewing, I mean double-dutch, she's good at a lot of thing.

12. What is your mom not very good at?

Sometimes is isn't the best chef.

13. What does your mom do for her job?

She does the accounting and is a manager @ a music company.

14. What is your mom's favorite food?

Not quite sure, she's on a diet. I don't know if she really likes that stuff.*

15. What makes you proud of your mom?

All of the things she has overcome in her life & her great optimism about life.

16. If mom were a cartoon character, which would she be?

mmmm...50% Marge Simpson & 50 % Rosie (from The Jetsons)

17. What do your and your mom do together?

We have traveled together. We try new foods, go to festivals and of course, we drink together.

18. How are you and your mom the same?

We look alike (well that's what other people say), we are sarcastic, which I learned from her.

19. How are you and your mom different?

I like men 99% and women 1% and she likes only women!!! hahahaha

20. How do you know your mom loves you?

She does a lot for me and my pets. If she didn't love me, she wouldn't help me and teach me. Plus, she tells me.

21. Where is your mom's favorite place to go?

I don't know, uhm...library?!?

*I don't eat diet food, per se. I've added a wider range of fruits, vegetables, spices, and preparation methods. Many Some of these have not met with Dani's approval, so she presumes that I don't like them either. It's an adjustment, but I'm enjoying the adventure and the results!

8 comments:

  1. That was very informative. I learned a few things about you. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was nice... I hope Sophie & I have a relationship like that when she's an adult! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She knows you very well....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deborah!
    She sounds like such a great daughter!
    But then I'm sure you are a wonderful mom.

    I'm sure you both know how lucky y'all are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, write that novel already!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you hug her big time after this? :)

    I'm still waiting to see your drawings - hint, hint.

    Thanks for sharing and thanks to Danielle (beautiful name) for sharing too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous8:33 PM

    I learned a few things about you! I didn't realize what you did for a living, and didn't know you were artsy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved this and I'm glad D. did it too - you came across from her viewpoint just like I've pictured you all these years.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Your visit is much appreciated.