Thursday, February 18, 2010

A Beautiful Day

It’s a good thing I don’t have a window in my office / work space. The sun shone (or at least it was shining every time I got up to pe… well, got up) all day today. I could tell by the temperatures in the office (and the weather gadget on the home page) that it was very warm as well as sunshiny outside. It would have been even harder to concentrate on work today.

Today will likely wind up being the best day over the next several, but by mid-to-late February standards, the next several will still be pretty good days, provided the current forecast holds true.

Good news, which brings me to my point, being outdoors.

I am not outdoorsy in that hiking, camping, wind-surfing into your life, kind of way. I’m an urban girl, a pounding the pavement, walking, running (not for awhile now, but at one time), and biking (on solid ground) kind of girl. I like being outdoors in that way. Over the last few years I have even enjoyed rooting around in the little piece of earth in the front of our building. I won’t go so far as to say I’m a gardener by any stretch, but I have had some success and have enjoyed the fruits (though technically, I haven’t planted any consumable items—yet) of my labors. Neighbors have approached with praise for the effort.

I smile, nod, and thank them kindly.

It is still a long way from great, but as someone told me recently, your garden is never done or something to that effect. I’m looking forward to getting back into the mix. So with that, I’m eagerly anticipating many more sunshiny, warmer temps, melting snow, and getting out in the yard weather.

4 comments:

  1. Me too Deborah. I was thinking vaguely the other day about my seed catalogs and what I will need to get things going next month while I am on Spring Break. I miss the therapeutic nature of gardening and just hope that my brain kicks in enough for the follow through. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:38 AM

    I desperately need warm weather to come back. The winter, it must go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been a long and dreary winter. So ready for it to be over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am pining for Spring and my garden. It isn't until February when I get so homesick for the soil that I am almost bereft. I go through my garden catalogs and plot and plan. It keeps me sane.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Your visit is much appreciated.