Friday, June 04, 2010

Buttah Week


I made a tactical error. Well, I've likely made a few, but this one continues to come back up like curdled milk. Speaking of which, I stopped drinking cow's milk. I drink almond milk, vanilla flavored. Almond milk is reportedly more healthful but I switched mainly because someone suggested it, I tried it, loved it and now, it is my beverage of choice, along with water, wine, vodka, beer, gin, rum, and . . . anyhoo, where was I? Oh, tactical error:

Last fall, leading into winter I revealed to someone an introspection. A thought, a feeling, a, I don't know what, but let them in my head. Now, many months later, she won't leave my head. She's constantly asking IF? WHEN? WHAT? HOW? ~~I'd said something about feeling that changes (possibly big) were on tap for 2010 for me and mine. Just a feeling, nothing concrete that I could point to, outside of three milestone birthdays in 2010, work events that were pretty sure to bring some calculable changes, and events that had occurred just prior to making that statement that were more likely than not going to prove to be agents for some kind of change.

This person (who shall remain nameless) continues to query me because she is, "waiting" and "curious" about If. When. What. How.

I, on the other hand, am not waiting, I'm doing. I am not curious, I'm pensive, possibly excited, and absolutely sure that the change or changes, whatever, whenever, how many ever, will be received in the best possible fashion. Absorb. Adjust. Continue.

Not really all that profound when you stop to think. Who was it that said, "the one thing that is constant is change" ?

4 comments:

  1. All in due time. Please remind me of that when i am being impatient.

    Love that picture of Buttah! Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Patti Digh book!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. almond milk? That sounds like crack in a glass to me...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bing is a nut for almond milk. Liv likes it too, but it just doesn't do a thing for me. Give me good old moo juice.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Your visit is much appreciated.