Monday, December 04, 2006

Late


How is it? Why is it? That whenever you are running late, the entire world conspires to keep you that way? School children moving much more slowly than usual, construction zones blocking traffic, bus drivers by-passing your stop, making you walk an extra four blocks.

I overslept this morning. This is a concept quite alien to me. I still however, might have made it to work on time-had it not been for the children, construction and bus by-pass.

Question is, why?

I’m blaming it on frogs.

No, there weren’t frogs in my bed. There were frogs in my head.

In my dream, my bike had gone missing. I searched high and low to no avail. I received a message from an anonymous source, telling me take my search to a neighborhood previously unknown to me.

In this neighborhood, I found a field which was populated by dozens of frogs. There was my bike, sitting, waiting for me to save her, just beyond the frogs. EEKS.

Frogs give me the freaks. I haven’t seen one up-close and personal since I was a kid and my brothers used to bring them home to keep as pets. We lived in the city, concrete jungle. Not the ideal breeding ground for frogs. I suspect they were stealing them from pet stores, but I have no proof. I have since, avoided meeting frogs face-to-face. I leave them, they leave me, alone.

Back to the dream, I muster up my gumption, roll-up my pants and press on to retrieve my beloved bike. I'm tip-toeing into the field. Carefully making my way towards Bella.

I don’t know if I ever did get to save Bella.

I woke up, LATE having lost the rest of the dream along the way.

6 comments:

  1. Hmmm... I wonder what the frogs represent? We need a dream interpreter ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or maybe it's better not to know...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ewww, frogs totally gross me out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:07 AM

    Im sorry, but Im totally blown away by the size of that frogs tongue - man if she came into my dream with that, wow I'd never wanna wake up ;-)

    Kisses frog lady XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:34 PM

    Man, that one frog (I'll let you guess which one) would give me a wet dream!

    You should avoid the movie Magnolia.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You may not have saved Bella,but you made it through the field of frogs. That is promising.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Your visit is much appreciated.