Friday, December 29, 2006

You Talking to Me?

She has green eyes and short brownish red hair. Her smile is shy. Her gaze is whimsical. We've traded half a dozen or so emails. She's intrigued. I'm flattered and fascinated. She likes the zoo. I do too.

Some other similarities come to light. Some engaging banter ensues.

She suggests a meet. I agree, in principal but suggest that it might be too soon. She admits to some logistical and physical discomfort with emailing, but more than willing to continue, until such time that we are both comfortable enough to move forward. "Take your time, the ball's in your court."

Huh? Ball. Court. Is that a basketball or volleyball reference? Does it matter?

Eyes still a bit phlegmy, head addled by chicken soup and antihistamine seeming to affect my ability to properly process these events. This is exactly what I'm doing on those sites. Trying to meet women. And here is one, who wants to meet. Me.

She is not the first to suggest a meet. She is, however, the first to do so after some sort of playing field had been established. She says things like being intrigued by the images, the emotions evoked by intentional expression. To a woman like me that's some serious playing field.

The ball is in my court, she says. I'm betting it's a basketball reference. Further, I'm of the opinion that the sooner I get my eyes and head clear, step up to the line and take a freaking shot, the better. The fans are getting antsy.

Some good ladies have noted that week one is just around the corner. Suggestive, I presume, of new days.

And the ball is in my court.

13 comments:

  1. Could be a tennis reference. Do you play?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Basketball....go with basketball. It's more "hands on". LOL

    AND GO MEET HER!!! (One of us ought to have a date! LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Wow you have been busy!!! LOL! Go and meet her! If she is the right person, then it will be relaxed and easy. If she is not the right person for you, then at least you will know and be able to move on. I wish you well! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Maggie. Go with the more "hands on" sport. Maybe after you meet you can switch from basketball to hockey. Tonsil hockey, that is. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW.. I'M intrigued... so make plans, girl! Jeez, whatcha waitin' for?

    Ball? court? whatever. just go on and git on over to her! ;)

    Then sit back down and tell us about it!

    happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like the coming year will offer many new challenges, the least of which will be gathering the courage to take that first shot.

    Be still. But not too still.

    ReplyDelete
  7. my vote mirrors what's already been said....set up a meeting...go check things out....relax, have fun, see what unfolds....then come back and give us a full report!! Not too bossy now am I??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh, exciting! Yes, you must meet! Seriously, you have lots to gain and little to lose. At best there's Bent's suggested tonsil hockey (where does she come up with this stuff???), at worst, you gain a new friend.

    Play ball!

    ReplyDelete
  9. If the ball's in your court you're all set. You have the control, check her out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. May this be the beginning of a spectacular New Year! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. yup yup,
    play ball.
    let us know.
    we are all waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like fun. Is she in Chicago? If so, I am with the rest of the gang - GO MET HER! But wait till you are well.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Your visit is much appreciated.