Tuesday, March 11, 2008

More Than A Feeling

It started at the base of the spine. A sizzling sensation radiating up and outward, leaving warmth where there was once a chill. It wasn’t long before that full body warmth delivered signals to my brain and my brain in turn sent signals…elsewhere.

Emotional hand wringing ensued.

I’d known this might happen. The head was already at the resort the body was now begging to visit. But, not now, all evidence to the contrary, mind and body, not ready. Not yet.

She was talking. What was she saying? I couldn’t concentrate. The buzzing in my head, the throbbing…elsewhere; must have been the wine. No, it wasn’t. I couldn’t take my eyes from hers, the blue vibrant, then smoky. I wanted to ignore the eyes, the buzz the throb, but I couldn’t. They would not be ignored.

Some what ifs broke through the cacophony momentarily interrupting my reverie. During the break, I heard her ask, “Do you even know if you’re really gay? I mean, you’ve never even kissed a woman.” To which I replied, “No time like the present.” And just like that, I was ready.


After several weeks of correspondence and conversation I visited Neta for the first time a year ago this week. My first night there we talked through the night. We kissed some too. We retired in the wee hours of the morning, falling into sleep, holding each other gingerly. Then daylight came and we...decided to be a couple.

11 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary you two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post. And, happy anniversary to you and Tenessee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Deborah... congrats to you & Neta. Nothing but the best for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, lovely, lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary, and many more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, time flies. Congrats to you both! And many more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woo hoo!!!!!!!!! Happy, happy days to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary dear friend!

    oxox
    nina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you baby....you mean so much to me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous2:30 PM

    Hell you had ME ready!

    lol!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy (belated) Anniversary, TOD!

    WHOOO-HOOOOO!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Your visit is much appreciated.