Sunday, March 15, 2009

Avoidance

I took a couple of days off for a mini-vacation weekend. Some weeks ago when I thought about taking this time off it was with the intent of going...

to
celebrate.


Instead, I found myself doing what I could to avoid remembering. Worked pretty well until early this morning when the memories smacked me hard. Historically, when I've been there, Sunday was the laziest of the lazy days. As the time for me to leave was drawing near, we chose this day to lounge, usually in bed. One of us rose to make the special Bailey's laced coffee and we would sit and sip. Eventually, rising later into the morning to prepare and eat breakfast. Often retiring back to the bedroom for more lying about, watching movies, laughing, and talking.

Even with the specter of my departure hanging over us, I loved Sunday.

In fact, throughout our time together, Sundays had been our best of the days.

However, the mid-March mini-vacation 2009 was full of a pantry clean sweep, a few long, leisurely walks, a bicycle upgrade and then a couple of spins on the newly upgraded bicycle, shopping for ingredients and then trying a new recipe, roasting, broiling and boiling a week's worth of food (maybe?), that is to say, maybe a week's worth what with the bf factor and all, taking myself to see a movie, getting stuck in a throng of folks waiting to see the river get greened, getting stuck in a throng of post-parade people, getting excited enough to run with the helicopter and squirrel chasing diva dog, with a little bits of reading, writing, and drawing peppered in-between.

There is another mini-vacation planned for later in the month. That time there will even be a Wednesday in the mix. I haven't sketched out all the goings on yet, but I'm sure I'll be banking on more of the same with a bit of yard work tossed in to help see me through.

8 comments:

  1. So, what did you think of "Milk"? Wasn't it just fantastic. We saw "Doubt" today and loved it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed, "Milk" was fantastic. I saw "Doubt" last week and thought it was fantastic as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:57 PM

    I haven't seen Milk yet. It's on my list of movies to see...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey ya know - whatEVER it takes to get thru the bittersweet pain.
    Movies are definitely a good plan.
    And lots of butter popcorn.
    oops.
    Did i say that????

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish you didn't have to deal with this at all. But I am glad to see you have continued to remain positive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sundays are, indeed, THE best. WHOO-HOOO! I hope you both get to spend more of them together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Drawing? You must share the drawing please! I've seen your writing which is excellent I can only imagine that your drawing is excellent as well.

    Hang in there lady!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Your visit is much appreciated.