Monday, May 11, 2015

Hit. Miss.


Our schedules are in sync lately. We keep running into each other during the morning commute. I was hoping that her reason for leaving earlier these days meant she wanted time before checking into the office, to sit and have a sip in the park across the street from our respective work places. But I haven't seen her there. 

Yet. 

I know she sees me, our eyes meet, hers sparkle. I hope mine do the same. Yet, she gives nothing more away. I'm reluctant to do much more than smile, nod. It is the bus and even the friendliest of conversations are awkward on the bus. Especially our bus. Too many school children free-ranging their way to school. At least, hopefully, school is the eventual destination. 

Two weeks. I get off two stops ahead so I could get in extra steps, go get coffee and then to the park to sit, sip, and think. I know she can see me from her office, I don't know that she cares, I think she does, I hope she does. I don't know why I'm not more forward. Yes, I do.  

Hurt. Fear. Wrong. 

******************************************************************************

And thus ends the snippets of a re-curring dream, the snippets culled together to form a narrative. Is it just a story? Or more? 

Welcome to Monday. 

Random questions: How many times do you have to unsubscribe before it "takes"? How many times do you give it before complaining?   How long do you give websites you are not so familiar with to load before saying, "F" it and move the frack on, several seconds, one minute, more . . .? 

#MicroBlogMonday 






17 comments:

  1. A dream??? Damn. You had me going there.

    My answer to your random questions - unplug the thing and go out in the woods. So much less frustration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should say dream(s) some day, some not.

      Oh, the woods would scare me shit-less. I fear. Unless I had an excellent guide. And even then . . i. don't. know.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous2:17 PM

    Mmm, very intriguing. Why do you think you have this dream? What does it mean to you? As for your questions, I move on after 10 seconds or so, life is too short.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is a combination of things; lack of companionship, thinking and observing like a writer--even if I don't actually write, a kind of constant butting up against some of the same folks during daily commutes and a need to make those experiences less agonizing. Or, not. ;-)

      Yes, it is.

      Delete
  3. I know, until you said dream, I was scrolling down, wondering if you'd connect.

    I don't unsubscribe because it feels like a many-headed beast and rarely works. Instead, I create a filter and send unwanted emails straight to junk mail. I never have to see it or deal with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It may be a dream, but it sounds like a great story. I am at the edge of my seat, hoping that connections win out over fear and hurt! I unsubscribe when I realize that my mail has reached over 2000 and I seriously need to do something about it. But then I have to go back and delete all the old emails. I am terrible at keeping a clean inbox. I have no patience for slow-loading sites. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It may turn into a story.

      I have less patience when on my phone but a bit more tolerance when on the laptop.

      Delete
  5. The site question first: I have terrible internet where I am. It's like being in the '90s. So I am extremely patient, unless the loading problem is due to pop up or flash ads. I dislike both intensely and don't put up with them for long. Part of why I want to go to a self-hosted blog. Ad control.

    You had me going too. Ah me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With Ad Blocker and the protection software I run I don't suffer any pop ups. I have more of an issue with the mobile device (over the laptop or desktop) even when I'm accessing my own wi-fi.

      My bad. ;-)

      Delete
  6. Your cat is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. He is one of our bright furry lights. :-)

      Delete
  7. The best dreams translate into the most interesting stories. Now...suppose a facsimile of this really happens. What will you do?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Other people's dreams always seem to be so much more interesting than my own. Though I did have one last night when my MIL had morphed into my grandmother. Weird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoa. That is weird. And interesting.

      Delete
  9. As a fellow transit rider, I was caught up in your story. I'm still hoping that it will be non fiction!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Your visit is much appreciated.