Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Challenge. Project.

Tree of Heart



Did you know that February is International Correspondence Writing Month? No, I didn't either until recently. I'd heard of it some years ago, meant to take note but never did. And now suddenly (but not really, sudden) here it is again.

I plan to take some part. I won't go out and say I'm going to write and send a letter a day for 28 days straight. But, I will take some part.

And now, from this point forward, I shall mark the calendar, mark the links, and prepare in advance for future events.

A. Letter. (handwritten) A. Day.

Woot.


CLICK FOR MORE 

8 comments:

  1. Oooh, I love this. I was just talking with my students about the lack of written correspondence, and there's a great TED talk on the power of love letters: https://www.ted.com/talks/hannah_brencher_love_letters_to_strangers
    Not necessarily love love letters, but letters sent out of love. I added that to my February habit tracker -- send handwritten cards for absolutely no reason -- and I didn't even know it was Written Correspondence Month! Thanks for the reminder, good luck with your goal, and email me your address if you want a card! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that you love this. Thank you for the link to the TedTalk. I love that too!

      Be looking for me email. :-)

      Delete
  2. Letter writing is a fading art. It's amazing these days to get a letter in the mail. Wonderful, and a big surprise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fading. Sadly.

      It is an art.

      Writing a note is a treasure. Receving one, even more.

      Delete
  3. This is such a cool idea. I love handwritten letters.
    dropping by from MicroblogMondays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suzy, thanks for stopping by and for taking the time, making the effort to comment.

      As do I.

      Delete
  4. I don't think I even know 28 people I would want to write to, much less anyone who could read my chicken scratch handwriting. Still I remember the joy of receiving hand written letters. I'm sure you'll make your recipients very happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I've taken to writing to strangers (Girls Love Mail, anyone--everyone) and now this. Sure, my first letters will be to friends and acquaintances. To meet the goal though, I shall have to reach out beyond, I think. ;-)

      Delete

Hi! Your visit is much appreciated.