Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I Confess

I’m nervous about Neta’s visit.

When the idea originally germinated it didn’t seem like a real possibility for many reasons. For a time she’d labored over the idea that I didn’t want her here. I have, from the very first time I visited her, dreamt of her coming to visit me here. Though, I must confess, I probably gave off vibes to indicate otherwise.

As this germinated idea began to take root and we decided to just go with it, damn all the work, damn all the details, damn all the…everything, I got beyond excited about the prospect. Yet I confess I got anxious. I also got nervous. Anxious over all there was to accomplish.

The nervousness exists on many fronts.

During one of our email sessions today I was on a rant about work. We’re recruiting and the interview process is, well, in a word, stupid. On and on about this I went. Neta’s final message back to me said in essence…just think, in a few days, I’ll be there. We’ll get to the hotel, un-wind with a de-stressing cocktail and relax. Relax. Relax. And oh yeah, we’ll eat and have sex too! So, F*k ‘em all. So, I am forgetting about work for now. I’m in full preparing, waiting and dreaming of Neta mode. Saturday afternoon cannot come soon enough. I wish it would.

Still, I confess to being nervous. However, I’m getting less so as the hours tick away.

13 comments:

  1. yeah...after someone says those words to me: cocktails, relax, eat and sex....I can't really think of too much else after that!

    ENJOY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shazza's got that right! I completely understand though... for me it just seemed like soooo much needed to get done. As a matter of fact, I was up until 2:30 in the morning doing the finishing cleaning stuff... of course... she didn't care whether the house was spotless or not... but I always get nervous that way...

    I'm sooooo excited for you!!!! Have a GREAT and RELAXING time...but don't forget to go to the parade ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admit that the eating and sex would have sort of made me jump start and get out of my real life and into my fantasy one....

    Especially the food....(kidding!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure once she's actually there you'll laugh about why you were nervous and have a fantastic time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's gonna be great and you'll look back on it and wonder just what you were nervous about. I am counting down with you!! You know how excited I get when love finds a way.
    Hugs girl!! Enjoy your time together!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i am soooo excited for you! have a wonderful time lovey!

    oxox
    nina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Once she's around, you'll do what comes naturally.

    I'm sure both of you will be ... err ... well fed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY!!! It's Saturday. Neta is here!!!Enjoy each other!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous11:23 PM

    WOW!!!
    She should be here now!!
    I would have been a totally nervous wreck, too - you want everything to be so perfect for her. And I assume your kids might meet her too???
    Hell, I'd be a basket case.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. howzit goin'?

    dish!!!

    neen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Of course you're nervous: you're letting her into a new part of your life and I'm sure you want her to love it. You're going to look back on this and realize there was nothing to worry about. Have a blast!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Your visit is much appreciated.