Monday, December 28, 2009

What's Your Sign?

I forgot my book this morning (that really irritates me) meaning that I didn't have anything to read on the train, so I picked up a RedEye, a local freebie rag. The paper is thin, this morning's edition only 36 pages. It is full of thumbnail sketches of local, national, and international news, entertainment tid-bits, morsels of restaurant, music, and movie reviews, a smattering of sports related spots, puzzles, and horoscopes.

Even if I were to read the paper end-to-end it'd take, well, the ride in to work. Most of the "news" stories are re-hashes of stories I've seen / read elsewhere, so I skip those. Now and again I catch sight of something I didn't know and I'll read that. Usually, I just work the puzzles and every once in a blue moon, I'll check out the horoscope.

This was a blue moon day.

My horoscope read: A lunar eclipse in increasing your libido. Your partner won't know what got into you. You'll demand sexual attention morning, noon, and night. Just realize that your honey might think you're falling in love with (him) or her, so play nice.

Note to self: Don't forget book, again.

And, speaking of partner, mom is still (continuously) in question mode. Peep a recent installment:

Mom: Sooo (she begins most conversations, all inquisitions with soooo) when are you going to Texas again?

Me: I don't know, when I'm invited again? I don' know when that could be, they travel a lot.

Mom: Sooo, yeah? yeah? What do they do?

Me: (I tell her what they do)

Mom: Sooo, is this like the Net(ta) situation? (she has always mis-pronounced her name. For those who are not aware, mom new of Neta, she just didn't know Neta was my girlfriend until a month ago. Or maybe she knew but we didn't discuss it).

Me: No. N(ee)ta was my girlfriend. The Texas women are my friends.

Mom: Sooo, do you have another girlfriend?

Me: No, not yet.

Mom: Sooo, are you working on that?

Me: Well, kinda. But more, I'm working on me. The girlfriend thing will take care of itself in due time.

Mom: :::laughter::: Sooo, okay.

End scene.



10 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:29 AM

    ah, mothers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A month ago. That must have been when Lisa was here and I didn't read blogs.

    Crap! I have go to your archives now, because I am so peeved that I didn't know about this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and tell the truth. You picked up a copy of SCREW magazine to read on the commute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehehehehehehehehehehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could never in a million years have had that discussion with my mother...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sooooo...just to be clear...providing we are not traveling, you are invited back to Houston any time for any length of time.

    xo
    qm

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:26 AM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for your Mom for asking the questions... very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous4:20 PM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hmmmm. curious.
    Maybe she's not such a lost cause after all.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Your visit is much appreciated.