Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Holly Jolly

The song begins, "have a holly, jolly Christmas; it's the best time of the year" and for weeks now it's been looping in and around my head, double dog daring me to just DO IT! > BE IT!

Jolly. or in everyday vernacular: happy.

It has been an uphill climb, but on this day above all others I am reminded that despite the not so grand in my life and the world at large, there is still very much that is good and cause for happiness. There is shelter, food, love of family and friends, Buttah, Pete, and puppy dawg Cinnamon.

A good friend is spending Christmas day in the hospital recovering from knee replacement surgery. Not the happiest of places to be on this (or any other) day, but the key word:
recovering. I got word earlier today that physical therapy is going well.

Jolly, or in everyday vernacular: happy.

I could name hundreds, perhaps thousands, of things that can be counted on to cause unbridled happiness and joy to wash over me like warm showers, but I won't. I'll just state for the record that I know, I remember, and I am grateful for those things and those people.

Have a holly, jolly Christmas and may those feelings spread over many days, weeks, months beyond.

"Christmas isn't a season, it's a feeling."  Edna Ferber  

5 comments:

  1. Only D: I wanted to stop by and say that I am glad that you are in my virtual life. I wish you Peace, and Happiness, Love and Joy in which ever order you would like it, and however you celebrate it. Goddess Bless you and the Universe keep you safe and sound on this day and all others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't possibly say it any better than Madame did, but I concur! (I would like to copy my neighbor's paper, please!)

    All good things to you and to yours and happy holiday to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ladies are very sweet. Thank you.

    ♥ ♥ ♥

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Showing up here late, but want to agree with the ladies...

    All the best to you and yours this season and beyond! Here's to happiness, joy, peace and prosperity in 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiya e: Thank you and the very same wish goes out to you and yours. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Your visit is much appreciated.