Wednesday, January 08, 2014

While I Was Sleeping

You know being relevant or coming up with something interesting, funny to say about what's current is just as hard as it might ever be depending on the serendipity of it all.

Lily and her lady got married on New Year's Eve. They've been together forever. Well, not literally, but a really long time. So, one-congratulations to them (and the families).  And two, this along with the Robin Roberts oh-so-pedestrian, "thank you to my girlfriend" statement of a few days ago fired up digital and print media types (again and again) about how we gays are ruining the planet



ain't she somthin' ? ! 
To which I say: pfffft. 

Oh, there is more but I don't want to spend the very small feeling better window treating narrow-minded, ignorant bigots. 

So, congratulations ladies, all.  

In other news, I'm several days behind on my mandala journal/journey. But, it is cool. It is that kind of deal. I have the emails and know what the subsequent assignments are. I may or may not choose to do them all to catchup. It is not about catching up, it is about my thinking, feeling, creating each day as I see fit and as fits me. 

My cold is feverishly working its way out of my body. Today is the first day in many that my entire nose is working more often than not. The chills that are not weather (what about that  weather, yo?) related  are abating.I'm still coughing like crazy but my energy and its cousin, appetite are inching back into existence. 

While all won't be well, being physically well is two steps in the right direction. 

To close and to bring it back to the lovely . . . a friend's Robin Roberts post elicited a, "why should we care" type comment from one of her friends. To which I replied, "I'm excited for the day where it just IS. . . that is to say, not newsBut, today is not that day and so, it matters and so, we 

(some of us) care, quite a lot."


Happy Wednesday soon to be Thursday! 

And welcome air temperatures well above zero. 


*click on the images





7 comments:

  1. A couple of years ago a woman who was here from the mid-west went to one of my daughter's basketball games with me. Martha had gone to the other daughter's game, elsewhere. Another parent, stepping into the bleachers said "Hi! Where's Martha tonight?" And this mid-west woman said to me "wow, people openly acknowledge your relationship?" Well, yeah, why not?

    But I realized that not everyone comes from the same background and blue state that I do. So it does not surprise me that Lily and Robin's announcements still make news. It is still news in some parts. But like you, I hope for the day we can all just say "Mazel tov" and move on. I think it is coming.

    I am happy to hear your cold is finally subsiding. Stay warm and take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Staying warm and taking care, yes. Thank you.

      Delete
  2. I'll admit that I am still delighted when I hear about 'celebrity' gays getting married. We need the positive exposure. But, then we need to become boring and mundane. I'll be even more delighted when that day comes.
    I chuckled when I read the part of your post where you quote, "The gays are ruining the country" -- because I read it as *ruling* the country! We wish!

    I'm glad to hear you are turning the corner on that cold. I had one over the Thanksgiving holiday and it kicked my ass. I'm not having a repeat. Says I. And, yes, physically feeling better is a step or two in the right direction... the other steps will manifest in their own time. I am hopeful of that as well.

    xoxox to you, dear middle girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I read running the country...

      Delete
  3. Me too. Everything.

    Muah dear e.

    Ruling. Running Both work for :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah. Feel better soon, friend! And I didn't announce my nuptials at work. One of my co-workers came up and when I told her privately she said, "Why didn't you make an announcement of it in office email?" And I told her that I am so tired of people acting as if I did something spectacular or really brave. I live for the day when I don't feel as if I have to tell people that I am married TO A WOMAN. Just that I am married and it is not a big deal....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm working on it. Some feel like that day is coming sooner rather than too much later. Hope so.

      Delete

Hi! Your visit is much appreciated.