Sunday, October 11, 2015

Thirty Out Loud

Over the past thirty days I've shared "through the years images" of my daughter in pre-celebration of her thirtieth birthday, which is today. 
Over the past thirty years my daughter and I (and the rest of the family) have shared much, as you may imagine. She has been the source of some of my greatest joys and the opposite. 


Over the past thirty days I have come to recall some moments of the last thirty years, sparking wonder-filled conversations and laughter. 

Over the past thirty years I have helped my daughter navigate; learning as I taught.  


Over the past thirty days, as I've re-visited words and images I am reminded of the tenacity of her spirit, 
the expanse of her personality, the quality of her character. 


Over the past thirty years there have been ups and downs. We survived, I believe because we have been able to talk. And write what may have proven difficult to verbalize.  


Over the past thirty days I re-visited the large and small celebrations; remembering how we've cheered each other's  triumphs. Here's to the happiest of happy days today, tomorrow, and beyond. 

  

8 comments:

  1. You are lucky to have a favorite daughter - there's nothing like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That I am. I relish in the luck and joy every day.

      Delete
  2. What you have done this month has been such a loving effort. <3
    Thank you for taking us on your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful and strong bond the two of you have. That means everything. Thank you for sharing your gorgeous daughter with us! And, Happy Happy (belated) Birthday to the Daughter!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've taken great care. Thank you for the well wishes and for coming along. :-)

      Delete
  4. Happy birthday to your lovely daughter!! And this is a wonderful post, just love all the pictures. (And I love the ones of the two of you together.)

    What a lovely family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Thanks to my daughter there are probably more pics of me in the last 5 years than there has been in my previous 50.

      Delete

Hi! Your visit is much appreciated.