Monday, December 25, 2017

Got Ready

Judging by the display from my neighbors there is no shortage of holiday spirit roaming about.


The decorations are full of whimsy, brimming with joy. 



And while I love seeing them and the joy they evoke, 


I've had a difficult time summoning up my own spirit, my own joy. It isn't so much about being unhappy or feeling down. I don't quite know... muted, low, indistinct might be more apt descriptors. 
Maybe. 
Still, despite not having much 'air in my hair' I am pleased to have spent the day with my daughter (my son is house-sitting) with happy animals, food to eat, and heat protecting us from the brrr outside. 

Wishing everyone reading a happy last Monday of December! 
Peace and Joy
  
Click for More 

9 comments:

  1. I haven't felt the magic of Christmas in years. I hate losing that feeling, but as I get older I find the magic replaced more and more by nostalgia. Still, it is a special day and I am happy to hear you and your daughter enjoyed it together. Peace and Joy to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For a non-Christian, I often struggle with the 'Christmas feeling'. For me, it boils down to family, friends, and that warm cozy togetherness. It sounds like you had that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I did have that. And it is greatly appreciated and welcomed.

      I think we're (or I am) still trying to find a way to holiday-ing without mom in the mix.

      Delete
  3. Those decorations are wild!

    It sounds lovely. I look forward to it as a day of togetherness - whether it's just me and my husband, or my sisters, or lots of extended family around us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they? I'm sorry I wasn't able to get out and about more to see even more.

      Time with family is a treasured day, it, in itself, a holiday.

      Delete
  4. Being I celebrate a cultural Christmas rather than a religious one, I long ago lost that "spirit of Christmas" thing. But I still enjoy the family being together and the music and the general sense of goodwill. And of course the cookies. Lots and lots of cookies : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that's the other thing...the music. All of it, every known and beloved carol I heard annoyed me to no end. I became hyper critical of the lyrics...so bummed.

      Anyhoo..yeah, big plus, cookies and other manner of baked goodness. Except, tried to stay pretty close to 'on track'. ;-)

      Delete
  5. Peace and Joy to you, too! It took me a moment to realize that that was a SpongeBob SquarePants decoration thingie at the bottom, and I was wondering what the heck pineapples had to do with the holidays. :) I hope you found some joy, and I hope that this year brings you more of it. Sending you love!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Your visit is much appreciated.