Tuesday, April 09, 2019

Apropros of Nothing

1. I've been away but I have been here

2. The first couple of weeks after the move to the new place, my daughter was obsessed with getting/having a sofa. While that obsession has quelled we don't have a sofa yet.

3. I may be the only person who detests, "no problem" (or worse, np) as a response to, "thank you."

4. Also, I do not like cabinet doors left in an open position.

5. One of the things I love about the apartment is that it is awash with light. I haven't decided on plants yet but there must be some.

6. This space celebrated another anniversary about a week or so ago. The party was small, quiet.

7. March 29, 2006, my, my, my what a world of changes we have seen since then.

8. Speaking of changes, some weeks ago I was given the green light to work from home. And last Thursday was my first day at home, at work!

9. Two major UPs time saved traveling and no 'bus people' interaction.

10. One drawback is without the 4 to an fro bus stop/destination walks per day maintaining my steps and MOTION goals have been a challenge.  Well, more of a challenge.

11. All things considered, I will take that challenger over daily interactions with bus people.

12. Though, I suspect I will miss the bus people.

13. Albeit, not for some time.

14. What's gone on in your corner of the world?

4 comments:

  1. It's funny but after a quarter century of commuting by city bus I have actually missed it. The enforced walk to and fro is one factor, the bus people are another. The bus was usually packed with workers in the morning (or students) but had a broader selection of humanity in the afternoon/evening. Plenty of oddity in my city and most of it can be seen on public transportation!
    I also miss seeing the city on a daily basis. Sure, I could get out of the house and simply ride around on the bus but I never do.
    I hope you enjoy working from home. It makes a lot of sense for many of our jobs. And, I hope your new place is comfortable with or without a sofa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope to get out of the apartment and explore the city more via bus and train--at some point.

      So far I am enjoying it. The biggest bonus so far has been the ability to take the pooch on longer, sniff-filled walks.

      The place is comfy. The sofa will be a bonus. :-)

      Thank you.

      Delete
  2. When we re-did our kitchen we got drawers and cabinets that close automatically. I believe it saved our relationship.

    I am guilty of the "no problem" response. I will try to improve.

    New houses, wedding and shower planning, puppies. My world is in a frenzy around me but my life is relatively calm.

    Happy bloggerversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I can well imagine. (My daughter has a thing for hanging bags off doorknobs. Bugs me )

      It just sounds odd and well, you know. ;-)

      Ohm.

      Thank You, 8thday!

      Delete

Hi! Your visit is much appreciated.