Monday, October 09, 2017

I ♥ LESBOS

daughter and friend, Pride Parade 

This week, Wednesday, my daughter celebrates another birthday. To know my daughter is to know that she is all about her birthdays. She isn't a party girl in that sense of the word but a sentimental soul who appreciates acknowledgment especially in the form of cards (flowers and other trinkets).

I may have fed into her celebratory style over the years by stretching out the celebration, making cards, offering trinkets. On the event of her 30th, for instance, 30 days of testimonials on this blog.

This year is not a milestone year, but monumental none-the-less, because it just is.

This week, Wednesday is also National Coming Out Day.  Also a very momentous day for my daughter and me. She has stood with and supported me from the very beginning.  And of course, I have stood with her and supported her through her own coming out pronouncement. 

This year is not a milestone year but monumental none-the-less because we need the support of one another  as much, if not more than ever before thanks to the current political climate and rollbacks in protections established by the previous administration

I am pleased, honored, grateful to call my daughter my friend, my sister in arms. May she have a glorious birthday week, a fantabulous actual day of celebration and may all the out voices sing out loud, sing out proud toward supporting our sisters and brothers yet to take those tremouls steps toward living their truth.

10 comments:

  1. Hope she has an amazing birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suspect she will. Thank you. :-)

      Delete
  2. Lovely post. Beautiful daughter - inside AND out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always thought that birthdays should be a celebration of the mother who did all the work carrying and delivering the baby. So happy birthday to you. I hope your daughter appreciates all you do and all you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why, thank you for the happy giving birth greeting. :-)

      I think she does, most days.

      (I'm sure) :-)

      Delete
  4. A very happy birthday, birthweek, birthmonth to your amazing daughter! I love how tight the two of you are... beyond close. It's so wonderful to have these kinds of relationships with one's children.
    All this love makes me feel so happy and hopeful! Thank you for sharing that with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday (belated) to your daughter! That is amazing that you two can be there for each other in so many ways. Happy Coming Out Day to you both, as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy greetings are welcome. Thank you.

      We are quite the team. :-)

      Delete

Hi! Your visit is much appreciated.