Saturday, July 23, 2022

So Much Time


 It was not, is is not ever the intent to stay away for so long.  Every day a topic wiggles its way into my head, the first sentence wrangles a way out of my fingertips and then . . .  

. . . as they say, "crickets." 

The G assistant machine alerts that my birthday is just around the corner which reminds me that I am needing to stop and think a little bit about simple things that used to come oh so effortlessly.  

Spelling, in particular.  

Part of my work entails writing notes.  The clinic managers prefer that I not use abbreviations so I spell out words while trying to be succinct for I can't spend forever writing notes.  The notes are not the work; they are work, but not THE work. 

Often it is the fast typing that causes typos but sometimes, every so often, I have to ponder just a tad at just how many i/s are in r e s p o n s i b i l i t y.  

While I've always enjoyed word and memory games I find myself glomming on to every opportunity to challenge myself in those arenas.  

Or to challenge myself, period. 

Any no offense to the G assistant, I am acutely aware of the date of my birth.  Now.  

Take gentle care.  








  







 

    

  

  

8 comments:

  1. I'm not a big fan of birthdays. "Take gentle care."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am becoming a person who sees each day as a gift.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous3:14 PM

    Yes, as time marches relentlessly forward, somehow we are always playing catch up. I do word puzzles everyday because of that incremental loss of brain power. Sigh.
    Back when I was a wage earner and words were a big part of my output, I used a trick I learned in journalism class. Read everything backwards - since there is no flow, one is less likely to breeze over typos and misspellings.

    Meanwhile, I love your bowl of cherries!
    E

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Read everything backwards. Well, hmm

      Thank you!

      Delete
  3. I don't have much cause to be writing professionally anymore, but I knew it was time to retire when I no longer cared if I sent notices that said "pubic hearing" instead of "public hearing".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My biologist friend cited the same example to some long ago fb post about writing. Lol. Yes, clearly a sign.

      Delete
  4. Oooh, pretty cherries. Now I have to go wash the cherries in the fridge and eat some.

    Happy almost-birthday, funny to get a reminder for your own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I trust your cherries were very good and satisfying. Oddly enough, I am not a big fresh cherry fan.

      Thank you.

      Bday has now come and gone and yes, weird on so many levels.

      Delete

Hi! Your visit is much appreciated.