Tuesday, July 29, 2008

eb told me so

In a little more than an hour I will turn the clock on forty-eight. Then I'll be looking down the barrel of forty-nine. That time will probably rock me more than this. Maybe. Perhaps. I'm not that bothered by forty-eight and truth be told, don't think I'll be that bothered by forty-nine. I seemed pretty cool about the whole prospect of another birthday, then eb wrote: I was just reading where us older lesbos are all the hot rage these days. Oh yeah, sexxxy.
My mom gave me that card you see above there. For the third year running, she's given me that same card. She has giggled and beamed each time, "I love that card!" Which if you really knew my mom you'd find fantastically ironic. Never-the-less, I agree...it is indeed how you are old. In keeping with that sentiment and eb's news I've decided to take my sexily banded, soon to be forty-eight year old knees walking and riding over the better part of two, three (or more
towns over the next few days to celebrate my day(s). Yes, turning 48 requires more than a single day. I'm going to play tourist of sorts, see and do things that I don't normally have time to do when I'm working. There will also be separate celebratory meals with daughter, son & mom and even a 50th wedding anniversary family party. Yum!
If there is a lamentable fact about turning 48, it is that Neta isn't here to celebrate with me, us. To borrow a phrase, soon forever. I can't wait until when next we meet, sweetheart. Love to you m'dear.

17 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!! (a bit late) What a great attitude...sounds like great times are in store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:27 AM

    Happy Birthday - Have Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:10 AM

    If it makes you feel any better, this Leo turned 53 a week ago today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What up dawg? LOL
    HAPPY 48th to you girl!!! Hope you are blastin' it!! Have Fun. You only turn 48 once...hmmm, Thank God I guess... :-P
    Enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy bee day!

    Many more to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Happy Joy Joy! All in the attitude. Just a number. Enjoy the touristy thing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy, happy birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday!!

    xo
    miss you

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy, happy birthday. I hope your day was marvelous, and that the year is a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy, happy birthday, dear.

    And many happy returns of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday!

    I hope you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous9:50 AM

    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're older than I am..ha ha ha ha ha haaaaa.

    Happy Birthday, chick.

    xoeb

    PS - It's all true. Trust eb.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy belated birthday! Hope you are still out celebrating! Love the message on the card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. happy birthday! have fun and be safe on your long walk and ride!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm late, but the wishes are just as heart-felt. Hope it was a very happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Your visit is much appreciated.