Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Be Still My Heart

. . . well, not still. If it were still then I'd be, well, you know.

What I mean is slow down to, you know, normal. It's been racing you see. As has my mind. Racing with thoughts of being down there. By there, I mean in TN. Not just anywhere in Tennessee, but her part of Tennessee.

She'll be there at Nashville's airport, waiting in baggage claim, standing as usual, at the bottom of the escalator looking up to me with those eyes. The heart and mind will begin to slow and settle immediately upon sight of her. Of that, I am sure.

However, I could use some interim salve, for getting through this day and the next will be hard enough without the vroooooms booming the heart.

3 comments:

  1. boy oh boy, you've got it BAD!!!

    heh
    oxox
    neen

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Simma Downa"
    Friday will be here before you know it!! Enjoy it girl!!Thinkin' of ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How well I know that feeling.

    Enjoy every last moment!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Your visit is much appreciated.