Thursday, November 13, 2008

Why, I Never

There are lots of things that I haven't done for lots of reasons. One of those things is Karaoke. That's right. I've never done it. I've not even ever been in a place where karaoke was going on. Not only have I not ever done it, I haven't seen it...live.

That is not to say that I haven't (or don't) sing and dance around in the privacy of my own walls, pretending to be...whomever. But not ever in public. The desire to see others do it has been very, very low on the meter.

I wonder. Do I avoid karaoke because I'm afraid?

Hmmmm.

I've operated under the premise that I just didn't get the appeal. But maybe, just maybe, I'm afraid. Maybe I need, lessons.

Now, I have to find a signature song. Any suggestions?

8 comments:

  1. A song you'd sing to your love, humorous or otherwise, would probably do the trick. Err, well, not that I'd know for sure, there's no freakin' way anyone could ever get me singing on stage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well finally, I must admit that I have both done and been present at Karoke events. I LOVE them. Of course that was before I moved to my current life and well...sort of died...but I digress.

    As for a song suggestion, how about: "Ain't No Woman Like The One I Got?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Back in the day I used to tear it up on the Karoke trail. A group of us would go every weekend and sing like fools. BTW I can't carry a tune in a bucket but after a few drinks I was always right up there on stage. Several people in the group actually could sing so a great time was always had by all. I find singing in a group tends to make it all better. A song suggestion: Cupid Draw Back Your Bow
    Good luck and happy singing

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would pity anyone who had to be in the room when I sing. No backup music made would make me sound good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One in a Million by Larry Graham - now THAT's a song you can belt out and have fun with!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmmm.. i've only done karaoke with at least 1 other person, but a few times with a bunch of my friends. It involved alcohol! That certainly helps get over the shy in front of a crowd factor!
    Good luck - take video and post if you DO try it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous3:39 PM

    I've never done it or seen it done, either. Thought I was alone in this world. Ha!

    I did buy my nieces and nephews a home karaoke set for Christmas last year and break out in hives at the thought of that gift coming back to haunt me this holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous4:00 PM

    I would totally do Karaoke if I ever was in a place where it was going on... but I never have been in such a place.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Your visit is much appreciated.