Remember some days ago, the post titled 460? Turns out, post 460 was not really post 460. There were two drafts and drafts count in the total, so, this is post 460B (460 being re-named 460A) and then we’ll have post 460C, thus will end the 460 cycle.
I saw this here, at Sassy's, her place and surprisingly, here. I’m sure it’s been elsewhere too, as these things tend to get around. I’m participating because I needed to round out the 460s and killing time between the SuPeR commercials. So, I give you, Getting to Know More of MeMe:
1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought? I thought my daughter was right about my eyebrows.
2. How much cash do you have on you? Oh, I don’t know, probably about 5 singles and maybe 8 quarters.
3. What’s a word that rhymes with Door? Floor. Cracked, ack!
4. Favorite planet? I never gave it a thought, hmmm…Jupiter, I guess.
5. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your cell phone? Probably my daughter’s boyfriend, but I’m sure she was using his phone.
6. What is your favorite ring tone on your phone? Whatever it is the daughter downloaded, having deemed whatever stock tone I was using, dorky.
7. What shirt are you wearing? Well, these days it’s shirts. A black tank and a black tee emblazoned with: Pessimism Never Works
8. Do you label yourself? 100 % human made material
9. Name the brand of shoes you’re currently wearing? Lands End clogs.
10. Bright or dark room? Bright. Even at night, even for sleeping, I prefer some light over pitch darkness.
11. What do you think about the person who took this survey before you? I saw it in 4 places and I think all 4 women are smart and bold, each in their own unique and quite entertaining ways.
12. What does your watch look like? Though I don’t wear it much anymore, it’s black with a fabric band and digital face that scrolls. People have said, “cool watch” but it has begun to irritate, so I don’t wear it much. There are clocks everywhere.
13. What were you doing at midnight last night? Odd, but sleeping. Odd because until about 3 weeks ago, sleeping did not come very easily for me. But recently? Better. Good, that.
14. What did your last text message received on your cell say? “Mom, um ddog is 20 lbs!!!She went up not down!
15. Where is your nearest 7-11? Sheeeesh, we’re stinky with them here. Near home base, the nearest is about 4 blocks west. Near work, there about 4 within a mile radius, that I’ve come across, so far.
16. What is a word that you say a lot? Hello
17. Who told you he/she loved you last? Neta
18. Last furry thing you touched? Diamond. Or Buttah. They vie equally for attention.
19. How many drugs have you done in the last three days? A multi-vitamin and a very small dose water pill for hypertension comprise my daily intake. Now and again a headache will get bad enough to move me to a pain reliever. That’s it. Ever.
20. How many rolls of file do you need developed? Need? No rolls, but I do intend to print a shot or two from a memory card to send to N.
21. Favorite age you have been so far? I like right now, though I think it will only get better. Especially when a certain aunt stops visiting.
22. Your worst enemy? Distance
23. What is your current desktop picture? a pic of son and daughter.
24. What was the last thing you said to someone? Karma’s a biiiitch!
25. If you had to choose between a million bucks or to be able to fly what would it be? Is this a trick question? Show Me The Money!!!
26. Do you like someone? As a matter of fact, yes.
27. What is the last song you listened to? “Make Yours A Happy Home”
28. What time of day were you born? 11:50 A.M. It was a Saturday.
29. Favorite number? Well, I don’t really have one, but if I were, it would probably be 3 as the number 3 has been part of my address (home & work) and phone numbers for the past 25, 26 years or so. Despite having moved (home & work (once) several times in that time period.
30. Where did you live in 1987? Illinois, in a suburb of Chicago on a street by the same name.
31. Are you jealous of anyone? Well, no one in particular. I do tend envy those folks who don’t battle weighty issues.
32. Is anyone jealous of you? I doubt it.
33. Where were you when 9/11 happened? Home and then work.
34. What do you do when vending machines steal your money? Depends. If food product or beverage, I chalk it up to fate and thank it for doing me a favor, for clearly I didn’t need whatever I was trying to purchase. If a washer/dryer at the laundry, I go to the attendant to ask for a refund. If there isn’t an attendant I say, “shit” and stomp off to find some quarters, somewhere.
35. Do you consider yourself kind? Sure, I’d like to think so anyway. I'm sure there are times when I don't react kindly.
36. If you had to get a tattoo, where would it be? Had to?Why would I have to get a tattoo? If I had to, it would be on my right shoulder. But, ain’t happenin’ cap'n.
37. If you could be fluent in any other language, what would it be? Oooooh may I have two? Spanish and Italian. 10 years ago the answer would have been Spanish and French. 10 years from now, maybe Spanish and Greek. In either case, I should get Spanish. Done.
38. Would you move for the person you loved? In a heart…well, truthfully, perhaps, likely. Yes?
39. Are you touchy feely? So-So, depends on the person, circumstances etc. I think I am selectively touchy and electively feely.
40. What is your life motto? These dishes will not wash them…oh, motto, not mantra. Uhm, Do unto others, yadda x 3
41. Name three things you have on you at all times? Kidney, liver, pancreas.
42. What is your favorite town/city? Well, I’d say Chicago as it is the city of my birth and where I’ve spent most of my life (as a resident or employee), but I don’t think I’ve visited enough places to name Chicago as a favorite, it is just the most familiar and growing more and more in my estimation every day.
43. What was the last thing you paid for with cash? Fed quarters into washers and a dryer.
44. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper and mailed it? Last week. I write (and mail) two to three letters a month.
45. Can you change the oil on a car? Probably. I haven’t, but I probably could.
46. Your first love: what is the last thing you heard about him/her? Monster cramps and needed to get off the phone, before she got ‘bitchy’.
47. How far back do you know about your ancestry? On my mother’s side, as far back as my great-grandmother. I don’t know much at all about my maternal grandfather’s family. I have a booklet outlining my father’s family, but I haven’t read it, yet.
48. The last time you dressed fancy, what did you wear and why did you dress fancy? Hmmmmm, I think it was an award ceremony, M was nominated for an award. I wore dressy black slacks, white shirt and a speckled black/white (nearly grey) blazer and black boots. I even put gloss on my lips. Faaaancy.
49. Does anything hurt on your body right now? Now that you ask, no. How cool is that?
50. Have you been burned by love? You know, I thought I had been, but it turns out it was just gas.