Tuesday, February 27, 2018

And Oh, By The Way

My son spends a good amount of time in schools.  He's employed by a theater as a teaching artist, going into schools to guide high schools students in preparation for various monologue competitions and festivals. The idea that he may encounter anyone with a lethal weapon, let alone a mass shooter is horrifying.

The idea that any of the overworked, much stressed, educators that he encounters would be further burdened with the responsibility of carrying, securing, with the possibility of having to defend the class is beyond horrifying.

In the vernacular, "I can't even with these people . . . "

More to Enjoy! 

8 comments:

  1. I can't even either. It's mind-boggling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two of my family members work in schools. One of them is a retired police officer who is horrified at the idea of any guns in a school and would vehemently decline if asked to carry.

    I think this adminisration has gone stark raving mad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think our whole country thinks, "I can't even ..." at this suggestion. We're thinking of you all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many of us appreciate those thoughts. Thank you.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

Hi! Your visit is much appreciated.