Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Middle



middle of the month.  

middle of a road. 

middle of life. 

I have aunts on both sides of the family tree who are over 90. Both are in fact a stone's throw from the century mark. So I may very well be very well in the midst of a middle passage. The thought of being of this earth for the next 30 or more years is a tad . . . daunting.   

To say the least. 

Still, there are many things I want to do, many more I want to see, hear, feel, and taste. The world awaits. Or whatever portion of the world I shall choose to take by storm, awaits. Storm may be a bit strong. 

To say the least.  

I am a year, six and a half months away from my sixtieth birthday. And while I am at present devoid of energy, motivation, inspiration or hope beyond getting into and through the next twenty-four hours, twenty-four hours at a time, I know this too, shall pass. I know, I know. . . I have work to do to get from here


To say the least.

sixty... 561 days and counting 


9 comments:

  1. I love that tree. City trees have a hard time of it, you can see the scars of past prunings. Still, they reach for the sun against all the odds. Winter is rough, all around; the waiting, the cold, the lack of color. My hope for you is that when the time is right you do choose to take your portion of the world by storm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Middle Girl! 'This too shall pass' was one of my mom's touchstones. We all have to hang on for better times.
    Thank you for the music link -- took me right back to my teenage years! Not the specific song, but the 'happy feeling' reminded me of those times.
    One foot in front of the other, that's how we get there.
    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard i several days ago and it transported me as well.

      And away we go. One day, one step. :-)

      Delete
  3. I also heard "this too shall pass" and "the sun will still rise tomorrow" a kazillion times growing up. And it has proven to be true so far.

    I am very proud to call you a friend and hope that we will walk together, helping each other through middle age. To say the least.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I as well, proud! So much so! I expect that we will indeed walk each other through.

      That is what friends are for. :-)

      Delete
  4. I'm going through a "thing" about age at the moment. The idea of being very old, without children, is daunting. The thought that I might only have 15 years left of independence and travel is, however, terrifying. (I'm about three years younger than you.) This middle age is hard to figure out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yep, the uncertainty of getting older. I turn 60 this year and hope I can stop working and be in good health in 5 years. Maybe work just part-time if I need $$. And then, where do I want to live? Can I pull it off? Its daunting.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Your visit is much appreciated.