Sunday, July 11, 2021

Turn Around and it's July

Koala

 
EMU

Lynx
Do you how many songs have Hello as a title or Hello in the title? There are at least 200 and in the wondering about that question, I wondered about the other; goodbye. While 'goodbye' is also a popular theme, it is not quite as popular as hello (at least not as far as the title is concerned.)  I'm sure there are a LOT of goodbye songs that don't actually say the word. 

Or maybe not.  

Anyway, HELLO!  

I'll be back soon with more to say, but in the meantime allow me to share this . I saw the exhibit on Saturday and was blown away.  Her exhibit as well as being up close and personal to the Obama portraits were certainly worth the trek to downtown Chicago via the trusty transit authority--where due to federal mandate--masks are required.  (Note: no enforcement).  

Interesting times we are having.  

Stay safe folks.  

7 comments:

  1. July! Ridiculous! And, now that I look at the date, I see that the month is nearly halfway done. Huh.
    Your drawings are charming. For some reason the Art Inst site won't open for me. I'll try again later.
    Hope you are well, Middle Girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am well. Sucks the link didn't open. I hope it does.

      I am ... well, well. :-)

      Hope you are well as well.

      Delete
    2. Oh, and thank you!

      Delete
  2. I really like your drawings, and the circular framing is very clever. I love Chicago, and especially the Art Institute. I grew up in South Bend, and Chicago was "The Big City" for me. The Art Institute was my happy place. I haven't been there in years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I started a new sketchbook at the beginning of this year and decided to limit sketches to the circular framing.

      Chicago's Art Institute is indeed a fabulous destination.

      Delete
  3. I have such nice memories of the Art Institute - thx to you and E.

    The quilts are amazing, and I'm sure even more so up close and personal. As usual you open new doors of appreciation for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was my first visit since then. ::sigh::

      Yes, up close and personal, even more so.

      Delete

Hi! Your visit is much appreciated.