Friday, November 26, 2021

Soon Ah Very Soon



A blast from the past. 

Once upon a time, responding to the one and done, the threes of me, and other types of memes what's your favorite this or that, what's the last television show you watched, if you were forced to eat the last thing you eat from now on, what would that be..etc., was the order of the day, these things were  are a popular method to build traffic for a web pages.  

All over social media now, there are admonishments and warnings about participating in such folly especially when you don't know the source for this is how hackers are able to cull information about the responders toward . . . well, hacking them, co-opting their identity to do...whatever.    

So, I do no longer participate.  

Fact is, my participation on social media (FB and IG) is pretty minimal these days.  There is a small group of former bloggers who are still on FB and a smattering of family members with whom I interact but otherwise I stick to the art groups where we share and support.  

My IG presence is nearly a 100% art sharing space as far as my input with few exceptions; like when I shared the news of Pete's death.  

Yes, our elder statesman Pete died earlier this year.  I wasn't in a place to share that here until now as this space, of the other internet spaces I occupy on-line are intensely personal despite it not being a private space.  He was my first pet as an adult and my very first cat (ever).  I miss him everyday and have found it difficult to navigate the space his absence has created.  

I'm sharing that as a way to say yes, the time has come for looking back and looking ahead.  

Soon, very soon, 2022 will be a reality. Many are marking their resolves for the coming year.  Many are adjusting or creating habits and the such. Many are looking to change lanes and switch courses.    

I am among the many.  

What that all will look like in the reality of the coming months is yet to be seen.  

Perhaps more conversation in tis regard is forthcoming in the coming weeks.  

It is nearly December; warm and toasty mittens, hot cocoa, cozy evenings.  

I hope you all have had a pleasant and peaceful holiday--whatever you call it, how you identify it, celebrate it.  Or even if you don't (didn't) I hope your Thursday was full of hope, peace, love, and comfort. 

May Peace Be With You.  

4 comments:

  1. I hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kind of miss those old memes - I got to know many a blogger that way. And now I miss the bloggers themselves. *sigh*

    I look forward to hearing about what's on your 2022 to do or not to do list.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Your visit is much appreciated.