Sunday, January 02, 2022

Christmas Just Ain't Christmas

 




This was going to be about Christmas. But now, Christmas 2021 is but a distant memory except to say I didn't have the kind of experience that many others seem to have had; mine was precisely as envisioned, as designed. The holiday had been scaled back a wee bit, year-by-year since my mother died in February of 2013. Well, truth be told, Christmas 2012 was pretty basic since my dad had died that previous September and by December, my mom was pretty sick with (what I didn't know then) was lung cancer.

The non-traveling, cocooning type of existence plays into my personality type. Granted, my daughter would rather have more people around but for me, for now, she and my son are plenty of company and plenty of energy.  

Which brings me to what brings me here today, on the second day of the new year; the year in review: 

I still have not cut my hair.  I still don't know what to do with it beyond washing, conditioning and braiding--but then, maybe that IS what is to be done with it.  

I'm still sketching. My daily practice has turned into a more every other or every few days practice; but I'm still creating and expanding skills.  

I do still have health and weight loss goals to achieve; these have been sort of rinse and repeat kind of endeavors but think I have settled on a different approach for the coming days, weeks, months, this year toward achieving different (more favorable) results. I shall keep you posted.  

My workplace is experiencing some transitions. I will continue to work remotely and I hope that the coming changes will ultimately equal success for myself as well as the company at large.  

My son, daughter, and I are still healthy; that is to say we have managed to avoid any positive Covid tests.  As they are out and about frequently (mostly for work) they test frequently.  All of us have had vaccines and boosters (mine is scheduled for next week). I've been hearing across with internet wires that folks believe that at some point, "we're all going to get it."  I hope that isn't the case. 

Two days in, I've managed to achieve each of my daily practices.  May this continue for the next . . .  three hundred and sixty-three.  Well, maybe the next five, at least.  

There is other news from this year; some even from last month but I'll save those stories for another time. Which is to say, I expect to come back here again and again and again. 

Dear Bloggers, please take gentle care.  Be safe, stay safe in as much as is possible to do so.  

Merry Christmas.  
Happy New Year. 

Cheers to 2022.  


6 comments:

  1. Happy new year to you and yours, MG. Like you, I love the scaled down holidays. Good on you for continuing with your artistic habits and thanks for keeping us posted on what's going on... I need to improve on that! Lol.
    Cheers for a better year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you e.

      I hope coming here is more regular this year. We'll see if I can outpace last year. ;-)

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year! Our holidays were rather hectic but so grateful that we were all together and the two new babies got to meet each other. But like everything else that has been scaled back, I scaled back my resolution expectations. Small daily steps is my new mantra.

    I am looking forward to hearing your stories and seeing you in this blogging space. Cheers to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year! I look forward to being in this space and having my friends over for a spell. :-)

      Cheers to you and your growing family.

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year! Love your Christmas sketch. I don't like the "we're all going to get it" sentiment either, seems awfully fatalist. Although it does seem more and more people I know are coming down with it. Oof. I feel like scaled back holidays are the best... I might be sad if the expectations of previous, non-pandemic holidays return. Ha. Cheers to you and a new year of good things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jess.

      May the tide turn soon.

      Delete

Hi! Your visit is much appreciated.